Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wild brown trout!!!

Options
  • 05-07-2011 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

hi lads. been fishing 5 days a week in differnt areas for trout and noticed serious decline in trout even over 11inches. i have only ever kept stocked trout only twice kept wild fish as hook was too deep that was 4 year ago.
    does anyone else other than me think that the killing of wild trout should be stopped on lakes and rivers for at least 4 years to give the fish a chance to grow big
    please post and let me know. thanks
    dodderangler

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Its the genetics of the trout, most won't grow too big even if left alone, in Ireland the angling pressure is quite low apart from central places.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

this is the worst time of year to be gauging wild trout stocks anywhere, after the mayfly is over the trout fishing is poor till sept in some places late august at least(well i find this anyway on ree) other lakes may differ of course, but mask is poor too this time of year,
    a complete ban on killing fish is not the awnser either way,in my view:)

Advertisement