Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic Silver Jewellery

Options
  • 08-09-2015 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

This is a request for a friend who is looking for some silver jewellery with a celtic design. She hasn't seen anything in the shops that she likes, and said they are the type aimed mainly at tourists. She doesn't like the Newbridge kind of stuff. Would anyone know of jewellers that might be off the beaten track that we wouldn't normally come across, Dublin and surrounding areas. Handmade might be the way to go I think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

She could try New Moon Jewellers in George's Arcade in Dublin. Other than that I'm afraid I don't know- her taste in rings sounds very like my own, but I've never managed to find any one particular place to buy them. I usually pick them up at local craft fairs (and the bigger ones at the RDS) coming closer to Christmas- that seems to be when all the local craftspeople come out of hiding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Thanks for that. Will pass it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

I know you're asking for the Dublin area but there are some nice ones in the West that'd I'd really like to mention. One is a jeweller called Sam Beardon. His work is absolutely beautiful.

There is also this place in Clifden: http://www.celticimpressions.com/celtic-jewelry/collections/celtic/results,1-all

I have one of their rings. It's quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Try Declan Killen behind the Georges St. arcade. As someone with more than a passing interest in Celtic designs, I'm pretty fussy about this sort of thing and found he had the "exactly right" piece for my daughter's 18th birthday present. I wanted something Celtic without being OTT or totally naff, and with some kind a personal connection too.

Seeing as she was coming up to her exams and she's a pisces, this pendant was perfect for her (Salmon of Knowledge):
    Medium-Salmon-of-Knowledge-pendant-Ref394-300x300.jpg

He has a lot of other styles/designs too that I'd be happy to wear/give (I have no connection with him other than as a one-time customer, and I actually bought the piece in the Kilkenny Shop
    )

They look lovely. I don't know if my friend has already purchased anything but will happily pass these on to her. Thanks a million.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Take a look at the Children of Lir series of jewellery too - I don't like Newbridge stuff either, but I love these. I got some of my pieces in the Kilkenny Shop, but they should be easy enough to find elsewhere too.

These are some of the designs

Celtic-Swan-Children-Of-Lir-Pendant-500x500.jpg
    Classic-Oval-Children-Of-Lir-Pendant-500x500.jpg
    col-5.jpg?Status=Master&sfvrsn=0
    large.jpg
    TBS178BA.jpg
    Flight-Three-Swan-Children-of-Lir-Pendant-500x500.jpg
    PS00054BY.jpgNEW.jpg1.jpg

They also make brooches, rings, and bracelets too.

Thanks for your suggestions. Much appreciated.

Advertisement