Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where to get picture frames

• 11-09-2015 1:05am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭

Anybody know where to get frames to specific sizes, online or in Dublin/Ireland.

Just bought a painting, which will arrive without frame, and very new to all this.

Nothing too fancy.

(its 24x48 inches - the picture :p)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭embracingLife

what about general "picture framing companies", look up golden pages etc where you live.

They make up any size, shape picture to suit the painting you got.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 367 ✭✭justchecked

what about general "picture framing companies", look up golden pages etc where you live.

They make up any size, shape picture to suit the painting you got.

thanks but ive a feeling they'll be a bit pricey, im looking for retail, diy, bargain basement type stuff.

checking ikea but it nothing to size yet unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭embracingLife

go around in person to a few local places, ask them out cheap frames etc and see what they'll say.
    I was looking into similar a few years ago, but too much hassle. I went to a small framing shop and the man made up a relatively cheap frame and when I went to collect it, I couldn't believe what a great job it was! It made the picture.

Then again, just come to think of it, if you go to the likes of Homebase/B&Q/ woodies or Easons etc, sometimes they have pictures in frames for sale. Buy the whole thing, then remove whatever picture that's in it and put in your own. Friends of mine did that a few years ago got the pic frames in a sale and did it themselves!

Just weight up the price between the frame shop and the made up pictures etc

Advertisement