Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen car park

• 05-07-2005 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the fee is to park at oxegen? My brother isnt going down till Sat and I was going to get a lift with him but I might go down on Friday myself and set up camp. Just wondering how much it is to park there or is it free? (what am I saying, nothing is free at festivals - except maybe knacker love)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I think it's free....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Having all your windows broken and your wings kicked unrecognisable by knackers delerious on Cider is always free AFAIK.

And if you think I'm exaggerating this is exactly what I saw done to a 00 Polo 3 years ago. The owner was driving it out in tears, then got a load of sh1t from a hairback garda as she tried to nudge her way into traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Oh that sounds great....

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

Hi Joejoem

Car park is complety free in oxegen carparks.

http://www.oxegen.ie/info/sitemap.html

Best is to try get in to carpark 4 and set up tent in campsite A - if arriving down last friday/early saturday go to carpark 5,6,7 for Campsite B

There will be signs everywhere and there is always officials and guards what you can ask for directions if you get lost.

Hope this helps..

N.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

magpie wrote:
    Having all your windows broken and your wings kicked unrecognisable by knackers delerious on Cider is always free AFAIK.

And if you think I'm exaggerating this is exactly what I saw done to a 00 Polo 3 years ago. The owner was driving it out in tears, then got a load of sh1t from a hairback garda as she tried to nudge her way into traffic.

:eek: ... why'd ye say that? now if I bring the car I'll be worrying bout it the whole time ... **** **** **** ... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭ro1798

i had a plan to drive down and park for saturday then sleep in car . all day i was planning to come back to car to get cans and drink etc. any one do this before etc???

thanks for help

ronan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭DjDangerousDave

Thats my plan also, I'm sure thats what everyone is goging to be doing.

i only have a saturday ticket so does overnight parking apply i dont want to be in the position of being told to get out or get clamped at the end of saturday night when i have had a few drink on me. know what i mean?

ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Tickets are only checked entering the campsite / arena. They dont check them at the carpark at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

i had my car at witnesss a few years ago - no problems - they did charge though (but this was n't in punchestown).

i'd say its no more dangerous parking your car at oxegen than say - on the north quays in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 odonaghue

No but seriously is you're car gonna be safe in the car park??? :(

i'd say its no more dangerous parking your car at oxegen than say - on the north quays in dublin.

Depends on how many acts are likely to attract the knacker element. The year I saw cars destroyed in running battles Oasis were playing.

Oh look, The Prodigy are headlining saturday night :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

magpie wrote:
    Depends on how many acts are likely to attract the knacker element. The year I saw cars destroyed in running battles Oasis were playing.

Oh look, The Prodigy are headlining saturday night :p

ffs stop stirring ****, Id honestly say the cars would be fine as long as you leave nothing visable to people walking by.

nothing visable to people walking by.

Its the ones on the rampage at 3 am locked on thunderbird and using an 8 foot scaffolding pole as a battering ram you need to worry about. And once again, yes I did see this.

what the hell is thunderbird? and where do i get some? :D

ronan

ok so i have the black mouth sorted where do i get a 8 foot aluminium pole for this new sport of ramming .?

classy

Indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

odonaghue wrote:
    No but seriously is you're car gonna be safe in the car park??? :(

Normal rules of engagement apply, leave nothing visible, use some kind of steering wheel / gearstick lock or heavy chain and park about 3 or 4 cars away from a car that has a much greater visual appeal, scumbags are like seagulls in that they are attracted to bright shiney objects, now I wonder if they'd burst like seagulls if you gave them some silvermints?

Is the moral of this to park your car as far away as possible from the people with black mouths?

After looking at the map .. carpark 4 seems fairly safe .... people there will be camping for sure as they have arrived early to set up camp in site A ... the others are near the main entrance where people who do not have camping tickets may be staying ... with this rationality ... would carpark 4 be safe?

What time would you have to make it down there for to get into that car park?

car was parked safe and sound ... the drive home was slightly more dangerous!