Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oxegen: Real Bands

• 11-07-2005 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭

Jaysus, what about:

* Flogging Molly
    * Kerbdog
    * Ordinary Boys
    * Humanzi

Anyone see any of these, did they get a good turnout, did they deliver?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Kerbdog rocked, they got a medium but enthusiastic crowd and yes, they delivered! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Cormac Battle should get together with Tom Dunne and form a band.

"The Mildly Successful 80s Pop Stars who jacked it all in for a cushy slot on radio but like to appear on stage once a year as an opportunity to dust off the leather trousers but still have to pick up the kids from boarding school in the X5 after the gig"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

he wasn't wearing leather pants but they rocked regardless.

i'd go see pat kenny belt them out if he was as good a Kerbdog!

slight exaguration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Not sure if they filled the tent cos i never turned around but flogging molly was packed up the front, great show too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Frank Cronin

Thanks guys, jaded with the predictable GreenDay / Foo etc comments, needed to hear how some well kept secrets went down.

Later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭HarryHoudini

Rilo Kiley were class, pity they only played for 30mins.
    Alabama 3 were excellent too, as were LCD Soundsystem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Maximo Park and The Magic Numbers were great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Rilo Kiley were out of this f**king world. How this band is not massively popular is beyond me. 30 minutes for a band of that talent is degrading. Tied with Green Day for best show I saw over the weekend.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

thought nine black alps and the eagles of death metal both were fantastic.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

TURN were as ever deadly, so too were rilo kiley, LCD, James Brown and the magic numbers, i can't be arsed going into detailes but these were my favs - oh and the go! team as well. oh and kerbdog and audioslave- acoustic black hole sun and to end with killin in the name of...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Missed Maximo Park and was ragin'.....Caught Ordinary Boys tho, very small turn out but they delivered a very good set probably the best sound quality i saw over the weekend..nice stuff for a sunny afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Anyone see the future kings of spain at oxegen?
    They were about the only band i would have bothered going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

- Magic Numbers: fantastic stuff. they seemed overwhelmed at the number of people and their enthusiasm. loved every minute of it, would liked to have seen them get a longer slot than a half hour though

- Josh Ritter: seemed to be having a fantastic time. beamin ear to ear the whole way through and a great act to sit on the grass and take it easy

- Jimmy Eat World: great set. they seemed to have the whole festival thing down; play a few hits + some tunes only the fans would know, kept the banter to a nice level and just seemed to be very tight overall.

- floggin molly: never heard of these lads before but was brought there. very enjoyable show, the amount of sound they produced was overwhelming! all i wanted to do after was drink and fight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Frank Cronin

- floggin molly: never heard of these lads before but was brought there. very enjoyable show, the amount of sound they produced was overwhelming! all i wanted to do after was drink and fight

Ah Nachos what a great description, punk-trad has that effect on people, see www.bloodorwhiskey.ie also!

www.floggingmolly.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

Rilo Kiely were unreal, was right up the front for them & they blew me away...
    Flogging Molly were savage, great atmosphere in the tent.
    James Brown - wow what a preformance

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cougar

I have a similar question, didn't manage to see Death in Vegas or the La's.
    Did they put on a good show? totally forgot about Death in Vegas untill i was strolling out of the green room at the end of the Embrace set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

don't know about death in vegas but the la's were excellent......there she goes........ :o

Advertisement