Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Not Responsive

Options
  • 27-08-2014 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I hope I'm posting in the right forum, if not apologies. I have set up a supporters website and the problem I'm having is when some people are viewing it on mobile the website is not responsive. I have the responsive option ticked in the theme and I also have jetpack installed and the mobile theme enabled in that.

Have any of you come across this before? I wonder should I install a specific plug-in for responsive mobile theme?

Can't post a link but this is the site, mayoclub51.com

Any help at all will save my sanity!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

What CMS are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Ziycon wrote: »
    What CMS are you using?

Wordpress.
    I wonder would it be a conflict between the themes responsive and the jetpack plug-in?

I've tested the site using quirktools.com/screenfly/ and its not responsive on any device tested.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Wordpress.
    I wonder would it be a conflict between the themes responsive and the jetpack plug-in?

Turn off all the plugins, check the responsiveness.

Turn each plugin back on, one at a time. Check responsiveness after each plugin is re-enabled.

Thanks Graham, I'll try that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

In addition or parallel to the above...

At a glance, in the css there's a few width: 1100px; being used which would probably better as max-width: 1100px;

In Firebug, I changed the css property to max-width for the header image and it, the header only, resized correctly but the 1100px width still applied further down the page so it's likely more width to max-width changes are needed and the crest [ http://mayoclub51.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Tab-Icon-clear-background.png ] distorted itself.

Thanks tricky D, I'll need to digest that info!

Thanks tricky D, I'll need to digest that info!

I checked the header image and it is 1100px width which the (Mantra) theme dictates is the widest to use. Would it be this that's causing the issue I wonder? CSS I'm afraid is beyond me (at the moment) I'll probably need to learn a bit of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Don't think so, it resized fine for me, though I didn't check to see how that was handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

You could also ask on the theme's support forum.

• Advertisement

I should have mentioned also that I have my own personal website with the same theme and all similar plugins. I don't have any problem with my own site, all the settings are the same between the two. I just cannot figure it out. Thanks for all help guys, and sorry again for troubling you.

Just an update,

I disabled the mobile responsive module in jetpack and it seems to have worked to a certain degree. The homepage does not resize to the device screen size but when you click on one of the posts then the post looks fine. I'll keep trying to find out what the problem is and will post updates here.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Gipo3

It must be the 'Curse'!!

Ahhhh "the curse"
    That must be it!

Advertisement