Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taxis working in this weather?

Options
  • 08-01-2010 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭

I've seen a good few during daylight hours, but just wondering if many drivers are working in Dublin city centre and how willing would they be to make a trip to Maynooth after midnight tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

You could probably skate down the canal by then :D

Ring and check I suppose is the best option

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

ill be working tonight and id drive out so dont see y anyone else wouldnt

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Be careful. If its icy, you may find yourself paying by time instead of distance. There may also be places where teh taxi will find it tough going - the hills at Chapelizod-Lucan and at the motorway interchange at Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Victor wrote: »
    Be careful. If its icy, you may find yourself paying by time instead of distance. There may also be places where teh taxi will find it tough going - the hills at Chapelizod-Lucan and at the motorway interchange at Maynooth.

Yup-that's my worry as well. Haven't heard of any issues with the Maynooth slip. Wouldn't like for someone to give up halfway to Maynooth either!

I'd be surprised if the Nitelinks run tonight given that Dublin Bus stopped services at 8pm last night. Plus the Maynooth Nitelink has to go to Celbridge and/or Leixlip on secondary roads.

not to mention getting charged when the wheels are doing 100kph and the car 2kph

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

As far as I know, the Nitelinks aren't running at all tonight.

Fajitas! wrote: »
    As far as I know, the Nitelinks aren't running at all tonight.

no, they're not. confirmed on DB site

Advertisement