Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Photographer - Decision Time - Dilemma

Options
  • 17-04-2015 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi

Sorry if this is not the right place to post this but here goes:
    My fiancée and I have met a few photographers over the past few weeks and have decided its down to two of them.

They are very similar package/price wise, both familiar with our venue. We are torn on who to choose! Photographer 1 offers the digital images on a disc, while photographer 2 on a USB. Photographer 1 would use a second photographer on the day, they say they normally take a total of 300 photos, while the Photographer 2 works alone, but would normally take about 700 pics on the day.

Both styles are very similar that we love and from meeting with them both, they are lovely people!

The photographers are Elisha Clarke and Ebony and Pearl.

Has anyone ever used these at their wedding and could share their experience or has ever faced the same situation, we would feel bad letting one of them down!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

My oh works in the industry (neither of the photographers you've named) but from what he's told me the second photographer is crucial so you don't miss anything. So one photographer might capture the bride walking down the aisle while the second can get the grooms reaction etc just as an example. That's definitely what we'll want for our wedding anyway, 2 means very little risk of missing any important moments!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

I know Elisha Clarke on a personal level and she is lovely. She did my friends sisters wedding and my friend is now using her for her wedding so that's a recommendation. This is her image which I think is amazing - http://onefabday.com/ie/100-best-irish-wedding-venues-2015/ (cover in case it isn't clear)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭lillian770

I would say it is better idea to go with the one who has more experience and whose photo gallery / picture samples you like most. Pictues can be easily transfered from USB to Dist and the other way around too. Price is more important as well as number of pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

Don't understand how the two photographers would take less photos than the single? Or am I reading that wrong? We had two and we were delighted we did,they get all the different angles.Also the second one did lighting for some of our more artistic shots and they were stunning.We got over 600 shots of the actual wedding and an additional 200 from the photo booth type thing they set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭eoglyn

pooch90 wrote: »
    Don't understand how the two photographers would take less photos than the single? Or am I reading that wrong?

Different photographers have different styles, some will take longer to either set up a shot or to wait for that decisive moment, others will spray and pray. However, knowing how most photographers work these days, I think it's unlikely that 2 photographers would take less images than one.

The likelihood is that the difference here is photographer 1 is promising to deliver a smaller number rather than taking less, culling is an important part of the process, some will deliver less as their quality control will be higher, rather than 5 similar photos, the photographer will choose the best, missed shots will be excluded.

FWIW My advice to the OP is that if you genuinely believe both photographers are inseparable, quality wise, then go to the one that offers the second shooter. You'll get a better variety of images, especially if the 2nd can split up and follow the groom for the first part of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Thanks everyone for the feedback, really appreciate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Did you decide who to go for in the end? Looking at them myself.

Advertisement