Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Septic tank registration is limited to five years!

Options
  • 22-02-2013 10:09pm

Today in the post I received a "Certificate of Registration" from the protect our water team.

It has an expiry date!!!(5 years) WTF :mad:
    That has never (to the best of my knowledge) ever been mentioned anywhere, does that mean (almost certainly) that we'll have to re-register in 5 years and pay yet another fee, one that will almost certainly be much higher. :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Today in the post I received a "Certificate of Registration" from the protect our water team.

That has never (to the best of my knowledge) ever been mentioned anywhere, does that mean (almost certainly) that we'll have to re-register in 5 years and pay yet another fee, one that will almost certainly be much higher. :eek:

I'd imagine yes, thats exactly what it means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Drip....drip.....drip.

I will be avoiding this one as long as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Can someone explain to us civilised jackeens what a septic tank is?

morto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

My mother folded on this one. Silly, meek bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 78,281 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Just how far do you think a €50 fee would go in inspections over 5 years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,281 ✭✭✭✭Victor

donvito99 wrote: »

morto
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=Septic+tank+definition&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a
    sep·tic tank
    Noun
    A tank, typically underground, in which sewage is collected and allowed to decompose through bacterial activity before draining by means...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Victor wrote: »
    A fiver if you were well behaved and paid up on time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Can't even take a shit in this country without the government wanting a piece of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

How long does my certificate of registration last?

Your certificate of registration is valid for five years and the date of expiry will appear on the certificate. Re-registration after five years is necessary as the first registration is intended to identify only the ownership and location of domestic wastewater treatment systems. It is expected that over the coming years, public information campaigns will help you learn more about your system and you will be better placed to provide more information regarding it when you re-register.There will be no fee payable for second or subsequent registrations.
    https://www.protectourwater.ie/Faq.aspx#fk5

• Registered Users Posts: 20,659 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

You could have checked that before you posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Where is this mythic place where you can drive drunk and shit in the water supply?

You could have checked that before you posted.
    I could, but I didn't!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

donvito99 wrote: »

morto

Its the left over food we sent to Dublin :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Take it to the relevant mullah forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Victor wrote: »
    You shouldn't have paid.
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    A fiver if you were well behaved and paid up on time :D
    Fiver too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

Hark at ye poshos with yer "septic tanks". We've a hole in the ground. Inspect that Mr Inspector. Does our shytehole "comply"? No? ..Tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

MadsL wrote: »
    Where is this mythic place where you can drive drunk and sh[SIZE="2"]it[/SIZE] in the water supply?

I don't know, where?

Advertisement