Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chernobyl, Zone of alienation. Ukraine.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I'd love to there to experience it, it must feel truly unnatural, despite being surrounded by what should be comforting manmade objects.

Great pics. Can't help but look at the Ferris wheel and think I need to get my Captain outta there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Best map on any COD.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

That's really cool!! Reminds me of STALKER and also this documentary I once watched about life in the alienation zone which featured a family of cats...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Just shows the awesome destructive power that nuclear energy has... May our children forgive us...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Excellent pics, must of been some experience.A place fully inhabited to a nuclear wasteland in a such a short time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

That's really cool!! Reminds me of STALKER and also this documentary I once watched about life in the alienation zone which featured a family of cats...

What a game, replayed the trilogy recently, STALKER 2 out next year

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Bet you were positively glowing when you got back.

Great pics btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Pretty scary place. I thought I heard something that they were going to allow people to move back after 2013, is there any truth in this?
    Twenty five years since it happened and still no super hero's:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Nuclear power, hell of a way to boil water!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Some cool pics here too.

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Great pics, always interested the surrounding area that's been abandoned like Prypiat.

That forum itself is great, too. Some excellent pictures and information of abandoned houses and estates from around the country which are a fine example of the development madness from just a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Plug wrote: »
    Pretty scary place. I thought I heard something that they were going to allow people to move back after 2013, is there any truth in this?
    They should leave it as a nature reserve, a lot of wildlife moved back into the area. their live spans are so short they're not really affected by radiation. I think they now have bears and wolves in the area for the first time in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Nuclear...it's pronounced nuclear

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

50,000 people used to live here, now its a ghost town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

krudler wrote: »
    50,000 people used to live here, now its a ghost town.

Never seen anything like it. Moove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

To think, everybody's possessions just left behind. To be told it was just an evacuation and they'd be in their homes again in a couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Macken200

Feck It!! if this is the result of nuclear fallout then every country should try it,seems to lead to an animal utopia .No humans and the lack of the predicted genetic mutation within the animals, this could be a very good way of setting up national parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Macken200 wrote: »
    Feck It!! if this is the result of nuclear fallout then every country should try it,seems to lead to an animal utopia .No humans and the lack of the predicted genetic mutation within the animals, this could be a very good way of setting up national parks.

On that, I wonder is there any feral animals roaming around the place or even any birds? Is it just dead silence or is there any sounds?

Jet Black wrote: »
    On that, I wonder is there any feral animals roaming around the place or even any birds? Is it just dead silence or is there any sounds?
    According to this previously posted documentary http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud33w26qsWQ&feature=player_embedded#!
    the animals are doing well there.There are plenty of feral animals and birds and all seem to be thriving.

Jet Black wrote: »
    According to this previously posted documentary http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud33w26qsWQ&feature=player_embedded#!
    the animals are doing well there.There are plenty of feral animals and birds and all seem to be thriving.

• Advertisement
Advertisement