Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I think he was suspended not by Rangers anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Well, if they are anti PIRA, then they are in the right in my opinion.

What he does in his own time is his business, not that of his employers, Rangers FC or their employees.

I'm well aware of 'your opinion', I havent forgotten.

Dempsey wrote: »
    What he does in his own time is his business, not that of his employers, Rangers FC or their employees.

I'm well aware of 'your opinion', I havent forgotten.
    I know. But he has been suspended. Not that it matters what any of us on here think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

The way things are going Rangers will be involved in more fixtures in court then in Ibrox over the next few months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Players from a Unionist background mate. They won't like it. That is all.

What do you think about Andy Goram posing with UVF members back in the day? Is that acceptable?? He was an employee at Rangers at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

Players from a Unionist background mate. They won't like it. That is all.
    what about people from a republican background, this is an indication that their history would not be tolerated at rangers ;)

what about people from a republican background, this is an indication that their history would not be tolerated at rangers ;)
    Don't think we have any. Still, he has been suspended and is now under investigation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Just as an aside - It will have been Azzure who disciplined him - Not Rangers.

And they'll have a hell of a time if he tries to fight it, as he has commited no crime.

Eirebear wrote: »

And they'll have a hell of a time if he tries to fight it, as he has commited no crime.

Good stuff, he'll be able to go back to his place of work with no problems then.

• Advertisement

They'll hardly take the rap alone though, obviously they're going to claim their client insisted on it. I can't imagine a catering company who seem to be quiet a big employer being that ignorant of employment laws

Maybe, maybe not - I don't particularly know how thus stuff works.
    My guess is that there is some jumped up supervisor involved who thinks he's the big man because he works at mp.

Either way I felt it should be pointed out as yet another case of misrepresentation in the media.

This webpage is not available
    The connection to forum.followfollow.com was interrupted.
    Come on Bears, what's going on in FF tonight that has the doors locked? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

This webpage is not available
    The connection to forum.followfollow.com was interrupted.
    Come on Bears, what's going on in FF tonight that has the doors locked? :)
    Wouldn't know don't use and never will

tommyhaas wrote: »

They'll hardly take the rap alone though, obviously they're going to claim their client insisted on it. I can't imagine a catering company who seem to be quiet a big employer being that ignorant of employment laws
    What they claim and what happened are two different things people have said Azure can't move again we don't know what's on his contract but I wouldm't be surprised that by the very nature of the company it may be in his contract that he can be moved personally its a lot of crap what's happened but it's something I think we will see more and more of as company's are starting to put lauded in about the use of social networking sites. And before anyone flys of the handle they will claim they are doing it so of an employee acts the eejit like the moron at the weekend then there actions would reflect on said company. Also those who say its going to far over there now I disagree to an extent I will agree that these new laws have been rushed through but I do believe something had to be done why simple the mayhem AFTER a Rangers v Celtic game and usually not by people at the game but dickheads on both sides getting steaming drunk and not being able to handle it but causing all sorts of trouble in towns city's and villages all over Scotland to be frank the people are sick of it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Wow BBE, use some punctuation mate :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

http://rangerstaxcase.com/

Rangers Face Their Fate
    18/01/2012 15 Comments

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle” – Plato

As dawn breaks over Edinburgh this morning, The Rangers Football Club plc, will see its last sunrise in a world where it can influence its own fate. By this evening, the future of the famous football club shall lie in the hands of three tribunal judges. If this case finally concludes today (as I believe, and hope, it will), the clock will start ticking down to the decision that will see Rangers released victorious to thrive again or suffocated with by unpayable debt.

The waiting time for the outcome shall depend upon how much work the judges have prepared in advance of the final days’ summations. If they have written up their findings of fact in advance of this week, a decision might come within a matter of a few weeks. (Following tribunal process, both sides have presented their versions of the facts of the case in previous sessions). Much more likely, given the volume of evidence presented, is that Rangers’ fate will not be known until late March or early April. In fact, there is no deadline on when a result must be published. A few exceptional decisions have taken over a year to be released.

As the Scottish media and Rangers’ own supporters slowly wake up to the seriousness of the danger, it is worth revisiting the efforts expended to deflect and deny that this story was even true. Following fast on the heels of the News of The World (RIP) story that HMRC were planning an attack on “Scottish football clubs”, Darrell King of The Herald and Evening Times published details (delayed to avoid possibly derailing league victory) that Rangers were the specific club being targeted. Despite getting the basic facts correct, King’s newspapers were forced into humiliating retractions. With his wings clipped, he avoiding discussing the subject until very recently.

Rangers’ Chairman at the time, Alastair Johnston, cunningly mislead fans and shareholders in media releases and at Rangers’ AGM in 2010. While his statements were not inaccurate in the strictest sense, they were designed to give the impression that the tax issue was a matter for the club’s parent company and that “‘I do not think it should be a material concern for us“.

The subject was then dropped. For Scotland’s famously craven and incompetent sports hacks, it was business as usual. They reprinted PR-firm lies in return for access to transfer trivia. Any attempt to discuss the tax case in public fora was met with either derision or “may I remind you that we are a live broadcast“. If there is a legal barrier to commentary, it seems to apply only in Govan- as the media’s frequent flaying of Hearts’ owner continues to demonstrate. The most important story in the history of Scottish football was ignored and left to die. For the general public, the attitude to the tax case could be summed up as: ”If there was any truth in this story, the newspapers would be all over it“.

The inspiration to start this blog was my incredulity at the degree to which the Scottish media had been co-opted. Sitting quietly in possession of the truth about what was happening, I could not believe that this story had not found a single champion inside the reporting establishment. At least fifty people, in seven or eight organisations, knew what I knew. In a city where the faintest whiff of a story involving either Rangers or Celtic is relayed like a shock-wave, that no one was talking seemed remarkable. Then I realised why- no one trusted the hacks.

The people with access to the facts of this story are no mugs. We all understood the tight-knit corrupt ‘clubbyness’ of those within the sports media-Rangers axis. Promises of confidentiality would be breached for a glass of burgundy and a plate of succulent-lamb. Gossip traded over too many whiskys could ruin your career. No one in their right mind would talk to an establishment reporter for fear of being burned by in return for an “exclusive” on which foreign superstar was being tracked by the Ibrox club. (Darrell King was fed his story in April 2010 by Rangers’ director Dave King who was trying to launch his own bid to buy the club, coincidentally enough, for £18m for the debt + £1 for the shares. So it hardly counts as socking a blow against ‘The Man’).

When any facet of society is able to conduct its business beyond public questioning corruption follows. The sloth of the sporting wing of the journalism profession in Scotland has played a large role in bringing our national game to this point. In the next 12 months, it is more likely than not that two of the three largest clubs in the country will file for insolvency.

As a Celtic supporter, I fall prey to the occasional bout of Schadenfreude over Rangers’ misfortunes. It is the very essence of the rivalry between supporters of these clubs: no quarter asked, none given. One of best aspects of this blog is the way in which articulate and reasonable fans from both sides (and even a few others) can have an online discussion that does not degenerate into sectarian bile hurling. However, my contempt for what passes for a sports journalist in Scotland today has grown to the point where Rangers are almost a side-issue. Ill-informed, arrogant, and lazy, they have failed to do their jobs. I doubt that any of them dreamt of copying-and-pasting transparent lies for corporate interests when they made their career choice. However, they sold their souls for an easy life. For them, no worrying about cultivating contacts or having to have an original thought. I wonder how they face the mirror in the morning.

We will find out Rangers’ fate soon enough. If, as I expect, that the tribunal will find heavily against Rangers, the inquest and recriminations should begin. It is unlikely that much blame will find its way to the right places. Already the media pack are already working hard to narrow down the options for remedy: the only game in town appears to be that a newco-Rangers must be allowed immediate and free entry to the Scottish Premier League. Scotland’s football journalists will brook no discussion about anything that threatens their gravy-train.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Wow BBE, use some punctuation mate :D

I was wrecked I do apologise I didn't realise I was back in school :p

I was wrecked I do apologise I didn't realise I was back in school :p

How are you doing anyway mate? All good?

How are you doing anyway mate? All good?

Been better Bobby pissed off waiting the date for my Operation and fed up taking all the morphine and other crap

Been better Bobby pissed off waiting the date for my Operation and fed up taking all the morphine and other crap

Stay strong mate, rooting for you here.

• Advertisement

Thanks mate its very much appreciated I will let you know when I am going in you could have a captive audience then :D

EXCLUSIVE pic of Rangers new London office!

9pnqqr.jpg

The Rangers will rise again!

Like a phoenix from the flames?

Whoooops, wrong analogy!

Like a phoenix from the flames?

Whoooops, wrong analogy!
    Nothing wrong with using it Bobby republicans don't own the rights to it you know ;)

Hail Hail to that. Onwards and upwards BBE

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Hail Hail to that. Onwards and upwards BBE

...absolutely, in everything but not on the pitch. Just needed to specify that caveat. ;)

PauloMN wrote: »
    ...absolutely, in everything but not on the pitch. Just needed to specify that caveat. ;)

Well of course :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Davie Weir's send off this Saturday, BBE, EB and myself will be there, I would hope he has a place on the bench and if possible gets a 2 minute run out at the end to say goodbye. Brought in as a 6 month stop gap, has been here five years and played 231 games, including 61 in one season at his age.

Rangers legend.

What they claim and what happened are two different things people have said Azure can't move again we don't know what's on his contract but I wouldm't be surprised that by the very nature of the company it may be in his contract that he can be moved personally its a lot of crap what's happened but it's something I think we will see more and more of as company's are starting to put lauded in about the use of social networking sites. And before anyone flys of the handle they will claim they are doing it so of an employee acts the eejit like the moron at the weekend then there actions would reflect on said company. Also those who say its going to far over there now I disagree to an extent I will agree that these new laws have been rushed through but I do believe something had to be done why simple the mayhem AFTER a Rangers v Celtic game and usually not by people at the game but dickheads on both sides getting steaming drunk and not being able to handle it but causing all sorts of trouble in towns city's and villages all over Scotland to be frank the people are sick of it

As you say, a lot of companies have the flexibility clause written into employee contracts. Regarding the new laws, I haven't read much on them however I'd certainly be inclined to agree with you regarding the need for measures to be taken, whether those taken were appropriate I don't know though as I haven't read the bill, but the statistics alone regarding the number of arrests around the grounds did necessitate the need for something to be done as you say

Also Broxi, I didn't realise you were waiting on an operation, I hope it all goes well for you and wish you a speedy recovery

• Advertisement

Hail Hail to that.

Jesus, you trying to kill him? :p

tommyhaas wrote: »

As you say, a lot of companies have the flexibility clause written into employee contracts. Regarding the new laws, I haven't read much on them however I'd certainly be inclined to agree with you regarding the need for measures to be taken, whether those taken were appropriate I don't know though as I haven't read the bill, but the statistics alone regarding the number of arrests around the grounds did necessitate the need for something to be done as you say

Also Broxi, I didn't realise you were waiting on an operation, I hope it all goes well for you and wish you a speedy recovery
    Thanks very much for your best wishes mate. I had major surgery on my spine last January and got a bit of a fright as I couldn't walk after it. Altogether I lay on my back for three weeks getting different treatments they got me walking using sticks but my hip is full of arthritis due to an old Rugby injury so I am waiting to get that done. The problem is that my back won't heal properly until it is and the longer I wait theore damage to my back is done. But all being well I will be in shortly and can then make moves to getting some fitness back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Davie Weir's send off this Saturday, BBE, EB and myself will be there, I would hope he has a place on the bench and if possible gets a 2 minute run out at the end to say goodbye. Brought in as a 6 month stop gap, has been here five years and played 231 games, including 61 in one season at his age.

Rangers legend.

The second Captain to leave a sinking ship this week! :)

RoryMac wrote: »
    The second Captain to leave a sinking ship this week! :)

lol No a Captain knowing his time is up and handing the Wheel over to another successful man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

lol No a Captain knowing his time is up and handing the Wheel over to another successful man ;)

And what about Davie Weir?? :)

RoryMac wrote: »
    And what about Davie Weir?? :)

I am sure Davie Weir will go on to have a successful career in coaching if not management from my own point of view I would love if he went away and got experience then came back to us in management

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

What do you think about Andy Goram posing with UVF members back in the day? Is that acceptable?? He was an employee at Rangers at the time.

Well Keith???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Thanks very much for your best wishes mate. I had major surgery on my spine last January and got a bit of a fright as I couldn't walk after it. Altogether I lay on my back for three weeks getting different treatments they got me walking using sticks but my hip is full of arthritis due to an old Rugby injury so I am waiting to get that done. The problem is that my back won't heal properly until it is and the longer I wait theore damage to my back is done. But all being well I will be in shortly and can then make moves to getting some fitness back

Jesus,rough time you've had. Hope things start to pick up for you this year. Best wishes.

Jesus,rough time you've had. Hope things start to pick up for you this year. Best wishes.

Cheers mate appreciated

• Advertisement

Don't worry mate, with all the Celtic fans here we'll be sure that you'll never walk alone :p

Don't worry mate, with all the Celtic fans here we'll be sure that you'll never walk alone :p

Being surrounded by members of the Rangers family who Follow on I knew that anyway mate :p

Being surrounded by members of the Rangers family who Follow on I knew that anyway mate :p

If there's a strong wind your face will stay like that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Glad you fixed the spelling in your original post BBE, I didn't want to be hearing about your "rubby injury" lol. :D :pac:

Hope you get sorted soon, and enjoy the game at the weekend.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Glad you fixed the spelling in your original post BBE, I didn't want to be hearing about your "rubby injury" lol. :D :pac:

Hope you get sorted soon, and enjoy the game at the weekend.

Its amazing what you write when your full of drugs It looks great at the time but give it a short while and then go back and look at it lol
    Its even worse when I am posting from my phone

Good luck mate on your recovery.

• Advertisement

Good luck mate on your recovery.

Cheers mate appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Sorry to hear your not feeling the best bud. Keep positive,things will all work out in the end.

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Sorry to hear your not feeling the best bud. Keep positive,things will all work out in the end.

Ach just feeling sorry for myself mate it's been a long haul but I will get there in the end.

Cheers for your best wishes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Same here, hope you feel on top in a few months ;)

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Same here, hope you feel on top in a few months ;)
    Cheers mate many thanks

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement