Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Dempsey wrote: »
    Same logic? :rolleyes:
    Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Yes.

So, lemme try to get onto your wavelength for a minute. Goading people of Irish descent about the potato famine on british soil is the same as irish descendants on british soil singing the irish national anthem?

Does any other national anthem being sung on british soil draw such a reaction?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Rangers have had a second bid for Wesley Verhoek rejected, Sky Sports are reporting that he is going to have a medical with Nottingham Forest later today. Seems like a serious offer will have to made very soon to avoid missing out on another target.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Why do Rangers supporter immediately look for something that Celtic 'did' to justify or play down their problems, even when Celtic have nothing to do with the argument?

Also, LOL at Keith comparing a racist song to a national anthem!

Why do Celtic fans feel it necessary to constantly come into a RANGERS thread, moaning about songs ?

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Why do Celtic fans feel it necessary to constantly come into a RANGERS thread, moaning about songs ?

Those songs are anti irish and hate filled though, suppose you expect Celtic supporters to just take it??

We've been over this countless times though.
    You constantly come in this thread with your faux-offended feelings, but when the spotlight is on your fans and their sectarian chants then the story changes.
    All of a sudden 'Celtic have nothing to do with this' and it's Rangers fans who try to justify stuff.

We've been over this countless times though.
    You constantly come in this thread with your faux-offended feelings, but when the spotlight is on your fans and their sectarian chants then the story changes.
    All of a sudden 'Celtic have nothing to do with this' and it's Rangers fans who try to justify stuff.

faux offended? So I shouldnt be offended by anti irish songs?

Stop trying to drag Celtic into the argument

faux offended? So I shouldnt be offended by anti irish songs?

Stop trying to drag Celtic into the argument

Thanks for proving my point.
    You don't see us going in your thread complaining about your songs, it only happens when you once again pop into here moaning about it.

And tbh I'm getting f*cking sick of it, if all you care about is what we do or don't sing then maybe you should shift your allegiance from Celtic to Nil By Mouth

Thanks for proving my point.
    You don't see us going in your thread complaining about your songs, it only happens when you once again pop into here moaning about it.

And tbh I'm getting f*cking sick of it, if all you care about is what we do or don't sing then maybe you should shift your allegiance from Celtic to Nil By Mouth

Proving what point? Rangers are the club just finished a european ban. You dont be in the Celtic thread because there is nothing to complain about, stop trying to drag Celtic through the mud with you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Proving what point? Rangers are the club just finished a european ban. You dont be in the Celtic thread because there is nothing to complain about, stop trying to drag Celtic through the mud with you.

Waste of time debating anything with him Dempsey, you can only debate with reasonable people like some of the other lads who have been around a bit longer. A quick read of some of the stuff he posts in Politics explains a lot.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Waste of time debating anything with him Dempsey, you can only debate with reasonable people like some of the other lads who have been around a bit longer. A quick read of some of the stuff he posts in Politics explains a lot.

Does it ? :rolleyes:

'Nothing to complain about' ?
    Well, I perfectly understand it when people complain about fans singing about the IRA, so there you go.
    And I don't seem to be the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

KeithAFC wrote: »
    I didn't compare them. I used the same logic to the same stupid arguments all the time. Can't we discuss the football this season?

football? in the football section? dont be so niave keith!!!

Rangers have signed Matt McKay from Brisbane Roar, pending a work permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

A bit more detail about the McKay transfer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14436925.stm

Australia midfielder Matt McKay has agreed terms with Rangers and is close to completing his transfer from Brisbane Roar.

The Scottish champions are awaiting a work permit for the Roar captain.

McKay, 28, played the full 90 minutes of Wednesday's 2-1 friendly win over Wales in Cardiff.

Earlier this week, the club said: "There are work permit issues, but Rangers hope to overcome them and get McKay on board."

Rangers were hopeful of completing negotiations this week while McKay was in the UK with the Australia squad.

McKay, who picked up his 17th cap on Wednesday, has come recommended by former team-mate Craig Moore, the former Rangers defender.

Former Rangers midfielders Ian Ferguson, who is presently coaching Perth Glory in the A-League, and Charlie Millar, a former team-mate of McKay, have also both spoken highly of the player.

McKay was the Australian media's player of the season after captaining Roar to their first national title and beating Central Coast Mariners in the A-League final.

Although McKay can also play in the middle, Rangers are short of a left-sided midielder to compete with Gregg Wylde.

Continue reading the main story
    Sasa Papac does not have pneumonia, contrary to reports elsewhere today
    Rangers statement
    Youngster Wylde has found himself behind the more naturally right-sided summer signing, Juan Manuel Ortiz, so far this season.

Meanwhile, Rangers have denied reports that Sasa Papac has gone down with pneumonia.

Papac was poised to return from his exile from the Bosnia and Herzegovina squad this week against Greece but felt unwell and withdrew with what Rangers say is a chest infection.

"He will return to Murray Park, where he will be assessed by the medical team," said Rangers.

"Papac won't be ready to face Inverness and is suspended for next Thursday's Europa League Play-off first leg with Maribor after two yellow cards in the Champions League qualifier with Malmo.

"However, he could be back to take on Motherwell at Fir Park on Sunday 21 August."

Striker Nikica Jelavic is expected to recover from a knee knock he picked up in last week's friendly against Chelsea and forced him to withdraw from the Croatia squad.

New signing Dorin Goian could also feature in Saturday's Scottish Premier League game if he shakes off a hamstring problem in time, but skipper David Weir is likely to remain sidelined with a similar injury.

Rangers have yet to decide whether Steven Whittaker can play with a broken toe that forced the defender to withdraw from the Scotland squad for last night's 2-1 win over Denmark.

Papac did have Pneumonia.

He just beat it in 1 hour.

• Advertisement

Not a bad line up today here's hoping for a decent display

McGregor;
    Broadfoot, Bartley, Goian, Wallace;
    Ness; Davis, Edu, Ortiz;
    Naismith; Jelavic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Not a bad line up today here's hoping for a decent display

McGregor;
    Broadfoot, Bartley, Goian, Wallace;
    Ness; Davis, Edu, Ortiz;
    Naismith; Jelavic.

Have Weir and Whittaker been dropped?

ICT had a right good chance there to get a goal just before HT!

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Have Weir and Whittaker been dropped?

Both injured mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Inverness can consider themselves hard done by for the penalty

• Advertisement

This ref is a joke for both sides ignored two handballs for Rangers in fact he started putting his whistle to his mouth for one then gives us a pen which I don't think was and even if it was Tokely should never have walked.

The standard is already showing to be a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

ha Well there's another one. 2-0
    Damage was done with the first though. Still, when you make a challenge like that in the box you're always tempting fate, was never a red card though either way.

Another penalty think this one was though the ICT player was unlucky more an accident than anything but he does barge into him

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

These refs actually want a pay rise? Fcukin joke of a decision, Naismith was clearly waiting for any sort of challenge so he could go down. And it's not the first time he's done it.

These refs actually want a pay rise? Fcukin joke of a decision, Naismith was clearly waiting for any sort of challenge so he could go down. And it's not the first time he's done it.

Aye no Tic players would ever do that ;) its part of the professional game

Why no mention of what Rangers didn't get or why Tansey stayed on the park when he was on a yellow for possibly a worse tackle than the one Edu walked for.

Jeez mate take off the green tints

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Aye no Tic players would ever do that ;) its part of the professional game

Why no mention of what Rangers didn't get or why Tansey stayed on the park when he was on a yellow for possibly a worse tackle than the one Edu walked for.

Jeez mate take off the green tints

I know he got plenty of decisions wrong, that's what I'm saying is a joke. The Naismith one obviously would stand out for me. It's a farce though that they want an increase, on top of something like 800 pounds they get for a game yet still have shockers like that ref had today.

Yeah I know it's part of the game these days but referee's should be able to suss out a cheat. And no, Celtic players never ever do that ;)

I know he got plenty of decisions wrong, that's what I'm saying is a joke. The Naismith one obviously would stand out for me. It's a farce though that they want an increase, on top of something like 800 pounds they get for a game yet still have shockers like that ref had today.

Yeah I know it's part of the game these days but referee's should be able to suss out a cheat. And no, Celtic players never ever do that ;)

Ah right my mistake if this is the standard of Refs they shouldn't get a fiver a game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

The standard of refereeing in the Rangers game today was farcical to say the least! After last season's carry on I thought the refs would make some improvement but this was like a carry on movie today! It's no wonder the SPL gets such a mocking off football supporters when you see that rubbish refereeing on live telly,unbelievable!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

same old same old

donfers wrote: »
    same old same old

Wow that tells us a lot about what you think happened very succinct if I may say so :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

A genuine laugh out loud moment today when I seen the front page of the (Scottish) Herald today

img00257201108131901.jpg

A genuine laugh out loud moment today when I seen the front page of the (Scottish) Herald today

img00257201108131901.jpg

What am I missing ??

A sense of humour?

A sense of humour?

Nope just don't see anything funny

Thought I would edit this to say I am being serious no idea what you are getting at Dub possibly the drink is having an effect

Good win yesterday. Thought Jelavic played well but he just needs to get more service as he is a brilliant at holding it up and is a great threat.

Yep, decent win, could have been more goals too.
    And of course the usual people will focus on the penalties, forgetting everything that happened in the first half.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

img00257201108131901.jpg

An "anti-Rangers agenda"? :D Thought we were supposed to be the paranoid ones.

Must try that one though if Revenue ever come looking for tax from me that I haven't paid. I'll just claim they have an "anti-Paul agenda". ;)

£2.8m though.... holy fook! :eek: GSTQ and all that, but she can fook off with her tax bill? Hardly very loyal is it? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Yep, decent win, could have been more goals too.
    And of course the usual people will focus on the penalties, forgetting everything that happened in the first half.

More like your trying to stir it here, all Celtic fans have said here that the ref got practically every major decision in that game wrong inluding ones that went against Rangers, substandard does not automatically equate biased.

PauloMN wrote: »
    An "anti-Rangers agenda"? :D Thought we were supposed to be the paranoid ones.

Must try that one though if Revenue ever come looking for tax from me that I haven't paid. I'll just claim they have an "anti-Paul agenda". ;)

£2.8m though.... holy fook! :eek: GSTQ and all that, but she can fook off with her tax bill? Hardly very loyal is it? :p

Someone in HMRC leaked information to serial Rangers-hater Phil McWhatHisName.
    That's why Rangers are thinking about sueing.

• Advertisement

Alejandro Bedoya will sign today.

edit: Aaaaaand... done :D
    Welcome to Ibrox.

Hopefully he does well. Welcome to The Rangers Alejandro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

I think this will be a good place to ask this....

I'm a Celtic fan, but I'm not one of those who despises Rangers - I'm a football fan first. Anyway, as I'm living in Glasgow (and soon to be leaving) I want to go see Rangers play at least once before I go home.

I have been invited numerous times to go to Ibrox with my mate's who support Rangers. However, I have heard and have the feeling that as an Irishman it would not be a good idea to go.

What do you lads think of this; would I be mad to go/would there be any trouble directed toward me?

And congrats on the Bedoya signing - quality player.

I've never heard of people with Irish accents having trouble.

However, if you say you prefer the other side... ;)

Bocanegra has signed, I'm absolutely delighted with that one.

I'm a Celtic fan, but I'm not one of those who despises Rangers - I'm a football fan first. Anyway, as I'm living in Glasgow (and soon to be leaving) I want to go see Rangers play at least once before I go home.

I have been invited numerous times to go to Ibrox with my mate's who support Rangers. However, I have heard and have the feeling that as an Irishman it would not be a good idea to go.

What do you lads think of this; would I be mad to go/would there be any trouble directed toward me?

Not sure why you feel the need. Anyway, I do not think you would have any issues as long as you don't mention Celtic, tlak too much and why you are there. I would imagine you would have to join in various celebrations during the game.

I assume you are going just to experience the atmosphere of Ibrox because I don't see why anyone would go to watch Rangers' style football unless they were a fan...

Anyway I'm sure you will survive, my cousin is a priest and accidentaly ended up among the Rangers supporters back in the 70s at an Old Firm game in Ibrox, he had a navy scarf with him so he had that wrapped around his dog collar for the whole match and cheered along with the home support, he got out in one piece so as long as you don't make yourself stand out I'm sure you'd be fine.

Maybe try to go the home leg against Maribor, judging by the low turnout for the home tie against Malmo you and your mates might be nearly the only ones there :pac:

• Advertisement

You should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

It's a sad state of affairs when I even have to ask that question - whether I would be safe to visit Ibrox. What's even sadder is people saying "why would you want to go" - because I'm a football fan, that's why. And people saying "yeah you should be fine"...

It's actually disgusting; why the fúck are we still stuck in the stone age. Why the fúck can't we all, on both sides, just cop onto ourselves and move on.

Two of my mates here are Rangers fans, and they are actually two of the best mates I have. If we can take the píss out of each other and have a laugh, why the fúck can't grown men and woman move on with their lives and stop letting bigotry rule their behaviour?

I'm actually sick of it; the one thing I won't miss about Glasgow.

It's a sad state of affairs when I even have to ask that question - whether I would be safe to visit Ibrox. What's even sadder is people saying "why would you want to go" - because I'm a football fan, that's why. And people saying "yeah you should be fine"...

It's actually disgusting; why the fúck are we still stuck in the stone age. Why the fúck can't we all, on both sides, just cop onto ourselves and move on.

Two of my mates here are Rangers fans, and they are actually two of the best mates I have. If we can take the píss out of each other and have a laugh, why the fúck can't grown men and woman move on with their lives and stop letting bigotry rule their behaviour?

It has nothing to do with a "stone age" mentality, the fact is that since Smith returned Rangers play horrible anti-football that true fans of the sport can't stand (including a sizable chunk of Rangers fans), Swedish media described Rangers' style of football against Malmo as "pig ugly" and "pathetic". I suppose that is down to the Swedish stone age mentality too :rolleyes:

You will be grand mate don't listen to anyone that says different I go regularly and never had any problems.
    As for Priests I know two Priests who are season ticket holders at Ibrox you go and enjoy your day mate.
    The fact you have two mates who are Bears is nothing strange the vast majority of fans mix with one another all the time I have close friends of each side who are not just close mates they have been best men at each others weddings Yes there is a core of fans on each side who live in the dark ages its up to the decent fans to show that all the crap is not needed.
    As a bear I don't want Celtic to win anything but I won't wish harm on Tic fans and I don't hate anyone just because they support my rivals

It has nothing to do with a "stone age" mentality, the fact is that since Smith returned Rangers play horrible anti-football that true fans of the sport can't stand (including a sizable chunk of Rangers fans), Swedish media described Rangers' style of football against Malmo as "pig ugly" and "pathetic". I suppose that is down to the Swedish stone age mentality too :rolleyes:
    You could not sound more bitter if you even tried.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement