Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wicked - Apollo Theatre, London

• 28-02-2015 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭

Heading to this in April and just wondering about the layout of the theatre/seat views etc.
    We are looking at seats in the stalls C10/C11 or C38/C39, or end of row D or E. The price of these tickets is £37.75.
    The next price is £47.75 in fro N3/N4.
    We don't want to spend much more than this - would there be much of a difference between these two areas? Would we be missing much of the stage by going for the cheaper seats?
    Are there any sites which do seat reviews?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

cee_jay wrote: »
    Heading to this in April and just wondering about the layout of the theatre/seat views etc.
    We are looking at seats in the stalls C10/C11 or C38/C39, or end of row D or E. The price of these tickets is £37.75.
    The next price is £47.75 in fro N3/N4.
    We don't want to spend much more than this - would there be much of a difference between these two areas? Would we be missing much of the stage by going for the cheaper seats?
    Are there any sites which do seat reviews?

Theatremonkey.com is your friend but it's a show you need to be central for imo. You miss so much from the sides particularly close to the front of that theatre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

athtrasna wrote: »
    Theatremonkey.com is your friend but it's a show you need to be central for imo. You miss so much from the sides particularly close to the front of that theatre.

Thanks, would circle be best bet then? Really the only centre seats for the date we are looking at cost £125!

Thanks, would circle be best bet then? Really the only centre seats for the date we are looking at cost £125!

Check theatremonkey seating charts for the seats to avoid and reviews of almost every seat. I like the circle but you need to see the top of the stage so beware the overhanging upper tier

What site is best to buy from?

What site is best to buy from?

Booking fees can be astronomical, I usually buy direct from the theatre as that's the cheapest way. Avoid lastminute.com they only ever seem to have the worst seats in every prize bracket and don't tell you seat number until you get to theatre

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the advice, tickets booked. Went for the stalls in the end, row E, seats 10&11 I think, going by the seat reviews on theatre monkey. My friend has been to the show before, so she was willing to compromise on the centre seats for the price.

Update: we booked seats E10 & E11 in the stalls. We were able to move to E16& E17 on the night which was much more central. Excellent seats. The show was absolutely brilliant I enjoyed ISO much. Unfortunately just as For Good was starting there was a lot of noise/commotion. As I had never seen the show before, I thought it was just the ensemble coming on stage. Next thing there were people shouting from the circle "turn on the lights! Turn on the lights!" You could see Elphaba and Glinda weren't too sure what to do, and next thing the lights came on and curtain went down. There was a medical emergency upstairs so lights were on for around 10 mins before they started again. I hope the person is OK!

Advertisement