Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toolbox Murders

Options
  • 03-05-2005 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

What can I say?

I expected so much more, yet I got a film that was as ridiculous as an old Arnie movie and twice as disjointed. The final scene was more comic then it was fear instilling, as were many of the scenes throughout the film.

One decent aspect were some gruesome if not totally original deaths, but it was not enough to salvage an otherwise dreadful film.

To sum it up - one of the biggest loads of crap I've seen this year, a huge disappointment considering it was directed by Tobe Hooper and I'd heard some relatively positive things about it.

What did anyone else think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Personally, I was kinda looking farward to it, but after the reviews I was extremely put off. Might give it a rental, but any enthusiasm I had for it was killed off. Thankfully as far as oldschool slasher fare goes, Switchblade Romance didn't fail to delight at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Agreed, very disappointing, the whole thing just didn't seem to work on any level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Toolbox Murders is a remake of a low grade flick from about 1979 (though some clearly did'nt know that ) and its taken nearly 2 years to get released here which tells you everything proberly.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I wondered how long it would be after we watched this muck together Mobile that either you or I would post about it. The only reason, I'm not annoyed that I had to walk down to X-travision and walk back back up to the house, was that we got it for free. Still doesn't deny how absolute balls the whole ordeal was.

Toolbox murders < poo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

a huge disappointment considering it was directed by Tobe Hooper

Eh? Tobe Hooper only ever directed one good movie and that was The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. Hooper's name is synonymous with crap, not quality.

• Advertisement
Advertisement