Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three in rural area

Options
  • 27-01-2015 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, sorry if posting in the wrong place, just wondering what opinions are on 3 mobile broadband? I was just checking the coverage map and it says that we could get 3G outside but not inside. Our neighbour, whos house is covered for indoor 3G on the map has recently got it and is very happy with it so far. Would it be worth a punt? Is there any real chance of getting 3G in the house? Is there a cooling off period if I was to just try it out?

Should also add, we currently have qsat and are being held ransom at €65 for 20gb download limit per month. The only other broadband we could get is o2 which only works in certain parts of the house. (we are not meant to be able to get 3G with o2 inside or outside the house, hence this thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Hi Guys, sorry if posting in the wrong place, just wondering what opinions are on 3 mobile broadband? I was just checking the coverage map and it says that we could get 3G outside but not inside. Our neighbour, whos house is covered for indoor 3G on the map has recently got it and is very happy with it so far. Would it be worth a punt? Is there any real chance of getting 3G in the house? Is there a cooling off period if I was to just try it out?

Should also add, we currently have qsat and are being held ransom at €65 for 20gb download limit per month. The only other broadband we could get is o2 which only works in certain parts of the house. (we are not meant to be able to get 3G with o2 inside or outside the house, hence this thread)

Why not get a SIM card and checkout if there is 3G signal with your phone before getting a 3G Router ?

Advertisement