Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Ubee EVW3226

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dublinercheese

Update: UPC honored the request and I now have a ipv4 address!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Xpro wrote: »
    Right Lads some good news today!

It really depends to who you talk in UPC. Some people are on the ball and some just don't have a clue on whats going on, unfortunately!

I spoke to a sound chap today who managed to disable the Dual Stack for me, Wifi4all and only now router seems to be fully accessible.

When I say fully accessible, I mean all the firewall and port forwarding is now there to be used.

According to Ubee manual, this is one hell of a router with great features and excellent signals, but that pretty much depends on UPC and their remote control over it.

Im happy to say my CCTV system now works 100%.

One more problem to resolve tho:

Very low speeds over ethernet, I tried 3 cables so far and it won't go pass 30mb. While on 5ghz speeds are unreal!:cool:

Thanks for all the help here

Who/what number did you ring xpro

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

bk wrote: »
    Awesome sharkman. I was aware of this switch mode, but on the Technicolor TC7200 bridging in this way causes it to be very unstable and restart frequently. You had to use the SNMP method for a stable bridge.

How are you finding the stability with bridging like this?

If this is working and stable. then this is great news, it means that as long as you are on IPv4, there is really no difference between this modem and the Technicolor/Thomson.
    Running in Bridge mode for over 24 hours and stable ..:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Xpro

chris1970 wrote: »
    Who/what number did you ring xpro

UPC tech support.

Just make sure that device your are using has DDNS service, as Ubee router it doesnt. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

any idea how to connect a wireless printer? had it set up easily on my epc3925 but cant get it done on this one for the life of me.

i got to WPS and put the code in that my pritner gave me, my printer just gets an error then. frustrating!

• Advertisement

MarkY91 wrote: »
    any idea how to connect a wireless printer? had it set up easily on my epc3925 but cant get it done on this one for the life of me.

i got to WPS and put the code in that my pritner gave me, my printer just gets an error then. frustrating!

I have my HP connect to it no bother. What printer have you got?

Don't use the WPS button, but connect to your printer via USB, then in the printer settings connect to WIFI as you would with any other device and viola!

Works on all devices on the same wifi.
    On some computers you might need to add the printer again as a new default as the IP's address will be changed.
    Good Luck

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

sharkman wrote: »
    Running in Bridge mode for over 24 hours and stable ..:D:D

Can you let us know how it is still going in a week. If after a week, it is still going well, then I'll add it to the guide, cheers :D

I have my HP connect to it no bother. What printer have you got?

Don't use the WPS button, but connect to your printer via USB, then in the printer settings connect to WIFI as you would with any other device and viola!

Works on all devices on the same wifi.
    On some computers you might need to add the printer again as a new default as the IP's address will be changed.
    Good Luck

I've a HP one too. Don't gt the USB wire but I'm gonna buy one. Il try that when I get it

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Can you let us know how it is still going in a week. If after a week, it is still going well, then I'll add it to the guide, cheers :D

Will do , no problems as of yet.In bridge with Asus RT-N56U connected and various devices connected to this .
    Last Result:
    Download Speed: 190695 kbps (23836.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 25051 kbps (3131.4 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Latency: 7 ms
    Jitter: 4 ms
    1/28/2015, 12:53:03 PM

On a side note :
    connected directly to Asus
    Download Speed: 246983 kbps (30872.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 24893 kbps (3111.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Latency: 8 ms
    Jitter: 3 ms

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

I got one of these today. Can ye explain what ye are on about here because it makes no sense to me!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

up4dabah wrote: »
    I got one of these today. Can ye explain what ye are on about here because it makes no sense to me!?

Read the guide here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057367191

• Registered Users Posts: 30 akav05

Hey guys jus looking for some help here if possible. Bring onto upc a few times but IMO some of them jus don't have a clue what there talking bout. I previous had a Cisco modem but it was giving off very bad wifi range and it was a all round unstable connection. Upc swaped out my modem and replaced it with the new Ubee modem you guys are talking bout the seem to fix the wifi issues but gave me a different problem. With a hard wired connection from the old Cisco modem to my minix neox8 which is a android TV box with a Ethernet connection of 10/100 I was receiving speeds of 90Mbps now with the new Ubee modem the minix won't reach higher then 30Mbps hard wired. Nothing has changed as far as position of the minix, the position of the modem and the cables used it was jus a straight swap with the modems but there the results I am getting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

akav05 wrote: »
    Hey guys jus looking for some help here if possible. Bring onto upc a few times but IMO some of them jus don't have a clue what there talking bout. I previous had a Cisco modem but it was giving off very bad wifi range and it was a all round unstable connection. Upc swaped out my modem and replaced it with the new Ubee modem you guys are talking bout the seem to fix the wifi issues but gave me a different problem. With a hard wired connection from the old Cisco modem to my minix neox8 which is a android TV box with a Ethernet connection of 10/100 I was receiving speeds of 90Mbps now with the new Ubee modem the minix won't reach higher then 30Mbps hard wired. Nothing has changed as far as position of the minix, the position of the modem and the cables used it was jus a straight swap with the modems but there the results I am getting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

This is the exactly same problem I have. My speeds won't go above 30mb on wired connection. Wifi no problem but over LAN still the same.

I have tried 3 different cables, from cat 5, 5e with no joy.

I also have a minix neo 8 and the speeds are the same, 30mb maxed out.
    Im really baffled by this issue.

This is the exactly same problem I have. My speeds won't go above 30mb on wired connection. Wifi no problem but over LAN still the same.

I have tried 3 different cables, from cat 5, 5e with no joy.

I also have a minix neo 8 and the speeds are the same, 30mb maxed out.
    Im really baffled by this issue.

I jus don't get it, It has to be something got to do with the modem cos like I said with the previous upc modem I had in place it was reaching 90Mbps constantly. That morning I went from 90Mbps on the Cisco to that evening having 30Mbps on the Ubee so it defo isn't the minix. I've changed firmware on the minix, from stock, beta to custom roms but still no joy.

I had no problem getting 240Mb/s out of my neighbours Ubee EVW3226 modem, so definitely a weird one.

Perhaps it isn't working properly with 10/100 ethernet ports!

It would be interesting if you guys could run a speed test from a PC with a 10/100/1000 (gigabit ethernet port) to see what happens?

I had no problem getting 240Mb/s out of my neighbours Ubee EVW3226 modem, so definitely a weird one.

Perhaps it isn't working properly with 10/100 ethernet ports!

This is the thing the connected to both my laptops it will reach 205Mbps so I know the Ubee is capable it jus wont with my minix.

This is the thing the connected to both my laptops it will reach 205Mbps so I know the Ubee is capable it jus wont with my minix.

Sounds like this modem might have issues with 10/100 Ethernet ports. This needs to be brought to the attention of UPC engineers. I'd recommend contacting the admins on the talk to UPC forum here on boards.

Sounds like this modem might have issues with 10/100 Ethernet ports. This needs to be brought to the attention of UPC engineers. I'd recommend contacting the admins on the talk to UPC forum here on boards.

Sounds like it.

I looked into Ubee manual and it says that ethernet ports have the auto-negotiation feature enabled by default, so technically modem should decide what speed it should deliver.

10/100 ports should see speeds up to 100mb anyways. Not in my case tho. I have tried multiple devices and no go on mine.

Supports multiple SSIDs, 802.11 a/b/g/n certified with link speeds up to 300 Mbps, 2 Tx and 2 Rx antennas
     DHCP Client/Server, Ethernet 10/100/1000 BaseT, full-duplex auto-negotiate functionality, IPv4 and IPv6 support

I'll try that forum to see can they give me some advice. I jus it has to be a modem related and not the minix cos the speeds have being reached on the day the modem was changed. I'll get onto them and report back hopefully with some useful information. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I'm not sure if some of those Android boxes would allow you to do so, but can someone try hard-set Full Duplex on their NIC and see if the speed issue is still happening? I don't have one of the Ubees so I can't test myself.

EDIT: Reason why I ask is that Auto-Negotiation is a PITA sometimes, hard setting port settings is a good way to rule it out.

roast wrote: »
    I'm not sure if some of those Android boxes would allow you to do so, but can someone try hard-set Full Duplex on their NIC and see if the speed issue is still happening? I don't have one of the Ubees so I can't test myself.

EDIT: Reason why I ask is that Auto-Negotiation is a PITA sometimes, hard setting port settings is a good way to rule it out.

I will give it a try but I honestly am not sure how to do it, any help on that would be great and I will give it s go.

I will give it a try but I honestly am not sure how to do it, any help on that would be great and I will give it s go.

Is the problem just happening on your android box or is it affecting a laptop/PC also?

For a machine on Windows - http://www.home-network-help.com/speed-and-duplex.html

Try set it to 100Mbps Full Duplex and try a speedtest from there.

Is the problem just happening on your android box or is it affecting a laptop/PC also?

no jus the android box my laptop will reach 205Mbps with no problem at all. I'll give that a try.

no jus the android box my laptop will reach 205Mbps with no problem at all. I'll give that a try.

No need to do it on the laptop so if it's not affected.

It'll be a different process on the Android Box. I'll look it up later and see if it's possible.

No need to do it on the laptop so if it's not affected.

It'll be a different process on the Android Box. I'll look it up later and see if it's possible.

Ok thanks it's jus the android box. They are very difficult to find any info cos because any searches with android comes back with results for smart phones. When I put in android and Ethernet I get something completely non related to my search.

For a machine on Windows - http://www.home-network-help.com/speed-and-duplex.html

Try set it to 100Mbps Full Duplex and try a speedtest from there.

I tested that before on my laptop. Set to 100mb full duplex and it wouldn't event connect.
    Had to restore via WIFI.

Since UBee router has the same functionality,auto negotiation, 100mb full duplex, half duplex, etc, I wonder If UPC has it set to Gigabit only hence the speed issues on 10/100 LAN cards.

I think I need to get on to UPC and find that bit out.

I tested that before on my laptop. Set to 100mb full duplex and it wouldn't event connect.
    Had to restore via WIFI.

Grand. in that case, autonegotiation is definitely gimped on the box.
    In theory, if Autoneg fails, it'll default to the lowest possible speed at half duplex. In this case, 100mbps half-duplex. I doubt the ports on the Ubee actually support a 10mbps link, at least not properly.
    Since UBee router has the same functionality,auto negotiation, 100mb full duplex, half duplex, etc, I wonder If UPC has it set to Gigabit only hence the speed issues on 10/100 LAN cards.

I think I need to get on to UPC and find that bit out.

By right, if the ports were only set to gigabit, then it wouldn't connect at all and no autonegotiation attempt would be made.

Either way, firmware issue. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 daraghoc

Hi folks,

I also tried to bridge the 3226 using the method posted here ... but as previously mentioned it justs seems to re-boot to the original router mode after you save the changes! Perhaps we'll have to wait for a firmware update!

D

• Advertisement

daraghoc wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I also tried to bridge the 3226 using the method posted here ... but as previously mentioned it justs seems to re-boot to the original router mode after you save the changes! Perhaps we'll have to wait for a firmware update!

D

same here!

Advertisement