Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway to Westport - road conditions?

Options
  • 27-01-2015 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭

hi folks, i have to drive from cork to westport during the week and I am conscious of the bad weather that is forecast.
    I am dubious about driving on bad icy roads.

What is the condition of the roads from Galway to Westport like? I have driven them but I cannot remember.

I can go via castlebar as its a main road and may be in better condition that the direct route to westport.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You are definitely better off sticking to the Tuam-Claremorris-Castlebar-Westport road with the uncertainty of the conditions from now to Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭sporina

You are definitely better off sticking to the Tuam-Claremorris-Castlebar-Westport road with the uncertainty of the conditions from now to Saturday.

thanks - do you know if those roads are gritted in icy conditions?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

They're all N-roads, so they'll be priority routes for gritting.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

oscarBravo wrote: »
    They're all N-roads, so they'll be priority routes for gritting.

Whatever you do, make sure you go through Tuam and Castlebar.

The other way through Ballinrobe is a glorified cart path

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

whitey1 wrote: »
    Whatever you do, make sure you go through Tuam and Castlebar.

The other way through Ballinrobe is a glorified cart path

I drive that road daily, its not that bad :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement