Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wales U21 vs England U21

Options
  • 20-05-2014 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anybody can help me here.

I had a nice bet last night with PaddyPower on Berahino 4th goalscorer when the game was 2-1. Redmond looked to slot England's 3rd goal and get his hat trick but the ball clearly deflected off of Berahino and he was awarded the goal after the game instead of Redmond and rightly so.

But when I checked my PP account today, they've settled it as a loser. Now i've checked around and even UEFA's offical website has it as a Berahino goal - http://www.uefa.com/under21/season=2015/matches/round=2000412/match=2011381/postmatch/report/index.html

In PP's terms and conditions they say that "In the event of a dispute over the award of a goal for first/last goalscorer or scorer special purposes, settlement will be in accordance with the result given by Opta Index within 24 hours of the final whistle. Any subsequent changes to the result will be ignored for settlement purposes"

I can't seem to get a way of checking what Opta Index have as their result? Does anybody know how to get a link for that?

I've queried it and they've sent it off to the traders but I don't have much hope. It seems bizarre to me if I lose this as Berahino has been awarded the goal officially and yet there's a chance they won't pay out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

opta they use for premier league matches. they use sportinglife for all others i think. i remember having a query myself over time of goal before.i had up to and including 80th minute.goal went in at 79.55 but settled as loser. pp wouldnt change it cos this site had it down as 81.

i see flashscores have given it to berahino but skysports and sporting file have it as redmond.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/results

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

ianburke wrote: »
    opta they use for premier league matches. they use sportinglife for all others i think. i remember having a query myself over time of goal before.i had up to and including 80th minute.goal went in at 79.55 but settled as loser. pp wouldnt change it cos this site had it down as 81.

i see flashscores have given it to berahino but skysports and sporting file have it as redmond.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/results

Got onto PP about it and insisted they had to change it as Berahino was officially awarded the goal and low and behold they eventually budged and resettled the bet as a winner "as a goodwill gesture". Happy with that although they would try anything to get out of paying it!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

nice one man

Advertisement