Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunk date

Options
  • 01-07-2015 3:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Got drunk on date with guy who had been very interested in me and id met sober once before.Not sure of vibe I'm getting since and anxious I did or said something that was a turn off or gave off a bad impression. I've asked him and he said no I was fine but not sure if he's just being a gent.Is this situation salvagable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Don't dwell on it. Whether or not you did/said something to put him off, there's no way of knowing unless he tells you, and he's had his opportunity to discuss it with you if he wanted to. It's clear that either he doesn't want to discuss it, or that there's nothing to discuss. Either way, there is no benefit to bringing it up with him again.

Why not make a suggestion for your next date that doesn't involve alcohol. A cinema, coffee date, something like that.

If it turns out that he doesn't want to continue dating you, don't beat yourself up over it. It may just be a case that he's not feeling any spark. If he was seriously interested in a relationship with you, one drunken night is unlikely to change his mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭OneOfThem

You've asked him and he said no, so just take the guy at his word. Going on about it would be the worst thing you could do. Getting a bit drunk on a date involving alcohol isn't entirely unexpected. If it was enough in and of itself to turn a guy off, we'd have gone extinct as a race of people by now. Provided you didn't vomit on him or pick a fight with the barmaid, I think you're creating an issue that isn't there, which would he far more likely to turn him off than consuming alcohol and then being effected by alcohol the way alcohol effects people. It's a date, not a job interview, fun and relaxed is good.

Tell him you had a great time, set up a second date, be your normal charming and desirable self on it, take it from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

If he is annoyed just because you got a bit drunk then he's probably not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

If he is annoyed just because you got a bit drunk then he's probably not worth it.

Don't agree. She didn't say how drunk she got. If she was tipsy, fair enough but if she was legless/puking/slurring words etc then that would be a massive turn off for me and there wouldn't be a second date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭skallywag

Was he after a fair few drinks as well? Unless he was drinking water for the evening I don't think that it will be such as issue, assuming you didn't do something outrageous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

you have the fear.

nothing for it but chalking it up and moving on, if he's saying you did nothing untoward or anything like that then take him at his word.

Your own paranoia is influencing this "vibe" you are feeling from him - is this in person by the way, or in texts/watsapp/viber/FB messages, because if it's the latter then you are probably projecting meanings into perfectly harmless messages from him.

This is YOUR issue, not his, so stop wrecking his head with needy questions like "did I do something to upset you", and stop obsessing about it. He's told you "no" so accept and get on with it.

If that doesn't satisfy you, then ask him out on another date. The answer to that will be your answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 elainer1

Yeah i was very drunk at the end ..I'm quite petite and can't handle my drink too well so it was inevitable after a big night out but it's just that I know I'm not a good drunk and am liable to come out with anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Taboola wrote: »
    Don't agree. She didn't say how drunk she got. If she was tipsy, fair enough but if she was legless/puking/slurring words etc then that would be a massive turn off for me and there wouldn't be a second date.

I don't agree with you however you met him sober and that would have been the first impression.
    If you were both drinking then I'd say it's all fair.

Even if it didn't look great , it's a petty thing to lose interest in somebody over esp as it wasn't the first date

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Lmao, what an attitude. Would he be 'worth it' if he was okay with and stuck around a person who got almost blackout drunk on one of the first few dates and even had to help them get home?

That, to me, would be a chump.

elainer1 wrote: »
    Yeah i was very drunk at the end ..I'm quite petite and can't handle my drink too well so it was inevitable after a big night out but it's just that I know I'm not a good drunk and am liable to come out with anything.

Since you know all this it should be easy to learn from this mistake and show a bit of restraint and respect on future dates. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Oh oh aaayo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

You just have to take him on his word. Make the next date an alcohol free one. My last first date I got quite drunk (I never usually drink at all on first dates) but sure he didn't mind and we are nearly 6 dates in now.

If he doesn't want to see you again, don't beat yourself up over it, just chalk him up to the island of lost men and move on!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

If I were you I'd ask him if he wanted to go out again, and I'd say that I was sorry I got a bit too tipsy because of nerves on the last one. If he wants to go out again, no harm done. If he doesn't want to then you know not to make that mistake on your next date with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

As others have suggested OP you probably will never know if the fact that you were drunk at the end of the night has ruined your chances with this guy. What you do know however is that you need to pace yourself - there's no law against stopping after a certain number or having a few 7up rounds through the night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement