Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still play Battlefield bad company 2 ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

I voted yes.
    I haven't in months but I will play it tonight.
    You're right it is a great game, despite all the abuse it gets I had a hell of a lot of fun playing it.

I remember how refreshing it seemed to go back to it after the first couple of weeks of hassle in BF3..... for some reason BC2 is just...fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

I play this every day. Was still playing BF1 untill recently.

Someday i will progress to BF3. Anyone tell me if BF3 is better and why, if haven't played it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i used to only play one map in bc2, panama canal. loved sniping on it.

bf3 for me is a million times better in most aspects. particularly sniping.. thanks to city maps like karkand and oman, and the mav :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,530 ✭✭✭✭klose

Picked it up 2nd hand yesterday for 15 quid, pretty good buy its good fun. Using the xm8 w/ 40m underbarel shotgun tis beast and sniping is much easier then bf3. Maps are very good too and people generally seem mostly interested in the the objective rarely is there a full squad of snipers sitting back offereing nothing like in bf3. Still getting used to the loadouts not much custimisation on the attachements side of things but that dosent really effect it tbh.

Is vietnam worth getting?

Vietnam probably dead by now. Have not played BC2 since i got BF3 really, keep meaning to stick BC2 in the PS3 for a game or so, or even just to hear the music again.:)

Is there many on the multiplayer servers? Love to play Arica Harbour again, savage map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,530 ✭✭✭✭klose

Im on xbox and have no problem finding full games! The lack of rented servers is so refreshing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

I voted no because I'm playing BF3 but I do miss a few things about it, maps like arica and white pass, sniping was 100% easier than bf3 and hardly ever experienced any lag when playing it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Still thousands of full servers on PC.
    Great game,atleast when you shoot people they die unlike BF3 since they introduced the idiotic suppression effort in BF3 means whoever shoots first wins.
    FFS if they want to introduce a suppression system atleast do it well, red orchestra 2 does it far better for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Dcully wrote: »
    the idiotic suppression effort in BF3 means whoever shoots first wins.
    In fairness, isn't that how it should be?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Decryptor wrote: »
    In fairness, isn't that how it should be?

Not really, any other fps a guy can get the jump on you and you can react and if you have a better aim you can respond and down him on some occasions..
    With BF3`s suppression your bullets just spray feet away from the guy once he is firing in your general area..
    Dont get me wrong they are on the right track with the suppression but its seriously overdone.
    They should have a similar effect but a lot more subtle.

Soon after the last big patch there was a discussion about this on a server i was playing on, we decided to test it out and got 5V5 to lay prone 20 feet from eachother and countdown to all 10 to open fire, the results were laughable, nobody registered any hits on the guy they were aiming at 20 feeet away from them when everyone was firing.
    Only when people had to reload [ie stop firing] did players registers hits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

We were half thinking of switching the craggy 16 man over to BC2 once CQ died down..a few people had asked about it as well..
    BC2 was a great game in fairness and I'm definitely going to give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

The one thing i miss about BC2 was tracer darts, i loved hitting our teams snipers with them when we were attacking and they just sat back and camped.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

Is it worth buying this? It's on Origin for 5Euro along with the DLC.

_Gawd_ wrote: »

Jaysus......it's only a fiver. I'd pay a fiver just to here the Bad Company menu music again.

BRING BACK THE BAD COMPANY MUSIC FOR NEXT BF3 UPDATE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,417 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

absolutely..fantastic game and some great maps..panama canal I miss you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Lanaier

copeyhagen wrote: »
    bf3 for me is a million times better in most aspects. particularly sniping.. thanks to city maps like karkand and oman, and the mav :P

I have to agree about the sniping.
    It's damn hard to be a great sniper in BF3, and it should be.
    Real sense of satisfaction when you nail someone from a distance.

(No "Aggressive-Recon" arguments please)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

It's easily worth €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

the tracer darts are what i miss more, i thought it added a great element to the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Playing a lot of this game lately. Had some great games last night and most of the maps where full and competitive, seen as most people are ranked 50 or there abouts. Will be jumping on it later for sure.

Being meaning to give it a go for weeks, might even throw the BC1 disc in to see if murderin' still happens.

• Advertisement

Just gave this a shot again for old times sake. Don't think I'll be playing BF3 any time soon. Felt that it was so much better.

Can't believe Arica harbour is gone. Wtf........
    Some of my other favs are gone too. In fact all the busy maps are gone and only 4 remain.

Some of my other favs are gone too. In fact all the busy maps are gone and only 4 remain.

What do you mean "gone"?

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    What do you mean "gone"?

I was on BC2 last week and there were 4 maps available in CQ. Desert, Jungle and 2 others. Arica was kickin' everytime i used to play it.

Btw......i am on PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

I was on BC2 last week and there were 4 maps available in CQ. Desert, Jungle and 2 others. Arica was kickin' everytime i used to play it.

Btw......i am on PS3.

im on Arica conquest right now on ps3.

Schwiiing wrote: »

:eek:

Schwiiing wrote: »

How? I just checked and I couldn't see it on the map selection either?

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    How? I just checked and I couldn't see it on the map selection either?

How many CQ show up on your PS3 servers. I get 4........not any of my faves either.:mad:

How many CQ show up on your PS3 servers. I get 4........not any of my faves either.:mad:

• Advertisement

Think I figured it out. Just checked on another profile and they're all there. The PSN I use now isn't my original and I used the VIP code on the first one. It seems it won't let me use the extra maps because the VIP code was used on a previous profile. :mad:

Advertisement