Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HP dv1325ea fan problem

• 05-01-2008 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

the fan on my laptop runs constantly. I've used compressed air to clean it out and updated the BIOS. after updating the BIOS the fan doesn't come on now until about 10 minutes after the machine is turned on.

any suggestions for fixing this? i read that you can control the fan through BIOS but couldn't see any option for it there. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

The fan only comes on when the cpu reaches a certain temperature. Its possible the thermal paste between the processor and the heatsink has dried out a small bit leading to less thermal efficiency and thus the fan being on for longer periods.
    If you know someone techie they could be able to reapply some thermal grease if the processor is easily accesible.
    The only thing you could do in the bios is increase the RPM of the fan or lower the temperature limit before the fan comes on.

Advertisement