Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please advise!

Options
  • 02-07-2015 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My boyfriend and I are seeing each other for 2 years now. A year back he moved to a new city for work and I found out that he is doing drugs now. My friends suggested taking him to a drug abuse counselling center. But he is not willing to come. What do I do? How will I make him quit? We now live in the city, but I feel that I am not seeing the same person anymore. What should I do?

Comments

What sort of drugs is he taking? Depending on the substance and how often he takes it, then he might not see himself as an addict and wouldn't think about going for counseling. It's possible to be a casual drug user and not let it affect him. Has there been any change in his mood? The relationship? His life?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

What type of drugs is he on? If somone is unwiling to come off them or seek help, there is nothing more you can do.

If you stay, nothing good will come of it. You will lose money, lies, let down and be forever miserable. You cant save or help someone who is not wanting /ready to be.

Id suggest walking away now before you get hurt. If he is on Class A's and injecting, your health may be at risk too.

Dont let him drag you down to his level

Advertisement