Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When To Buy?

Options
  • 06-01-2008 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭

I'm planning to buy a pretty high spec laptop this year, with a value of €1000 to €1500 most probably from dell.

I'll hopefully be starting university next autumn and hope to have it by then but it's not essential.

I know that technology is getting cheaper as time passes but is there a specific time of year that I can extract the best value for my money.

I'm hoping perhaps to pick up something with a quad core processor later in the year if possible but i don't want to pay a premium for it either.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Now is probly the best time with all the sales. What spec would you want??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If you need it for college then the best time to buy would be just before you start. There's no point buying a laptop now that won't get much use until september. Even if it laptops were generally cheaper at this time of the year, by the time september comes they'll be a much better spec for less money.

Advertisement