Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value android phone?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭limitedIQ

i had a htc x1 before, which i found was to wide to fit comfortably in my hand. this one is same height but not as wide and about half as heavy. plus I found apps were laggy and buggy on the htc, this one seems miles faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

eamonnq wrote: »
    I was looking at a few phones over the last few months, was planning on getting a Jiayu initially then kinda edged towards the Vowney V5, but there appears to be a problem with the compass function on them that apparently causes trouble with GPS especially in a built-up area, so went for the Mlais MX58 Air instead.

Might not be the best choice available but was getting fed up, chopping and changing, so 5.0 Gorilla Glass screen, 12mp camera, 720p HD video recording, Dual Sim Quad Core 1.2ghz and it is on it's way now!!

Where did you buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

Guess................

Ha oops... has it arrived yet?

No, hope to have it next week though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

I bought the y300 3 weeks ago. NO dropped calls and it all works great. Skype video chat works perfectly on it. Its alot of spec for €99 and I'm delighted that it does everything my old s3 mini did at a 1/3 of the price. Even the screen is really bright and clear. I can browse the net, listen to music and use viber all at the same time with not much slowdown at all. Even though the phone has 512mb if ram it's not a bad multitasker at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

mondeo wrote: »
    I bought the y300 3 weeks ago. NO dropped calls and it all works great. Skype video chat works perfectly on it. Its alot of spec for €99 and I'm delighted that it does everything my old s3 mini did at a 1/3 of the price. Even the screen is really bright and clear. I can browse the net, listen to music and use viber all at the same time with not much slowdown at all. Even though the phone has 512mb if ram it's not a bad multitasker at all.

I 2nd that too

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

I'll third it.

I'm coming from an Xperia P and I'm quite impressed by the y300. I got her unlocked for a fiver on ebay and she's running on tesco for me now. I'm also easily getting a day out of the phone on a single charge now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭k123456

I have LG p880, very happy with it, approx 250 euro on amazon.de

• Advertisement

MJ434 wrote: »
    Ha oops... has it arrived yet?

Arrived today................AMAZING !!!

Have not had a good play around with it yet, but am very impressed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Arrived today................AMAZING !!!

Have not had a good play around with it yet, but am very impressed!!!

This phone seems very impressive, has decent spec etc for small money. My only concern would be battery life. How is it so far?

Also, how long did it take to arrive and did you have to pay any customs taxes? This may not be an issue as they said on the site that they could put a low price on the envelope apparently, happy days...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Seanh111

mondeo wrote: »

so I think I may give this phone a try, want something soon and not too sure if I trust ordering online from China etc. maybe that's stupid of me?? :p

Is it cheaper online or should I just buy it in meteor? I would need to get in unlocked though it that much effort?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Seanh111 wrote: »
    so I think I may give this phone a try, want something soon and not too sure if I trust ordering online from China etc. maybe that's stupid of me?? :p

Is it cheaper online or should I just buy it in meteor? I would need to get in unlocked though it that much effort?? :confused:

Costs around 10 euro to be unlocked on Ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Guys has anyone rooted the y300 at all? is it a straightforward process,ive rooted my nexus4 with no issues but cant seem to find a guide on the net or on xda for the y300...any pointers? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

You need to unlock your boot loader to root it safely. You can apply to have it unlocked on the Huawei website. That's what I'm going to do anyways.

Have a read through this forum here.

http://www.modaco.com/forum/743-huawei-ascend-g510-development/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Im with three, I purchased the y300 in emobile on a saturday. Went home and ordered the unlock code for 3.65 from ebay, code arrived on the monday. Phone is now unlocked but just need to root it now

EDIT : Just found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2290610

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Seanh111 wrote: »
    maybe I was unlucky, but I know someone else who had the same problem and if you read the comments on vodafone's own page some people there had the same issue so I'd stay away :( really nice phone though I was disappointed!

Thanks very much for the reply! :) I always worry about buying phones online and from brands i don't recognise (stupid I know) have you first hand experience with this phone or??

Don't touch the samsung xcover. It comes with an sd card ( I like a clown bought an 8 GB card - 10 E) to save apps etc on ... But by default the phone uses only the phone memory to save.

Such a joke of a phone. You can apparently " root" it but you might " brick" it in the process.
    No one here knows how to " root" it ... Crap advice on google... You feck up guarantee if you mess it up...

Biggest waste of 200 I ever spent

Im with three, I purchased the y300 in emobile on a saturday. Went home and ordered the unlock code for 3.65 from ebay, code arrived on the monday. Phone is now unlocked but just need to root it now

EDIT : Just found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2290610

Must have missed that on xda when i was looking..i sent off an email to huawei earlier anyway so will just wait for the code to unlock the bootloader,install twrp and then flash supersu...thats the plan anyways :D

I sent an email to huawei too, safer option :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Keep checking adverts, I got an xperia t on it for €150. Absolutely brilliant phone.

Anyone have any luck unlocking the bootloader on the y300?

Anyone have any luck unlocking the bootloader on the y300?

Not me anyhow, mainly due to Huawei saying I'm sending them incorrect information so they won't send me the code...

I flashed an Official Huawei ROM the other night and now I've no option to add an APN so I've no mobile data :(

Advertisement