Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended TV Size

Options
  • 09-09-2014 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any advice regarding TV sizes.

I will be sitting approx. 4 to 4.5 metres from the TV and I'm considering a 55 incher.

However, some sites are recommending more, one or two less.

All opinions welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LDenis

55 inch Tv will be good if you are going to see (in most cases) the content in good quality. But the less tv size will be better if you are going to use it juat or simple television, news and films.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

Imagine a site recommending a bigger (possibly dearer) tv! Madness :)

Can't go wrong with a bigger tv IMO, especially if you are a gamer, or have to spend a lot of time reading stuff on screen.

Although Quality of tv should top size.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

I'd rather have a decent 50" over a bottom-of-the-range 55" so it's very much budget dependent!

For your viewing distance, 55" will be fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Get a top of the line TV instead of choosing purely based on size for sure. We got a 55" Phillips 3D/Smart TV last year for just under €1k and the TV is still great but at times there are slight issues such as the brightness suddenly changing slower than it should or something. The other thing is, I feel like if I had enough money I'd easily be on a slippery slope with TVs/HE in general because the 55" screen was big at first but now that I've well adjusted to looking at it I think I'd like to upgrade to a 65" or 70" and no doubt once I did that the same would happen again and I'd be tempted to get an 80" or 90" as they get more readily available commercially.

To be honest, I don't think I'll ever be satisfied until I have a 70mm IMAX screen as part of my sitting room.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

To be honest, I don't think I'll ever be satisfied until I have a 70mm IMAX screen as part of my sitting room.

A whole 70mm?

:eek:

Advertisement