Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for cane for chair - any ideas?

Options
  • 12-11-2010 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hello would anyone know where I can get cane for doing up the seat part of an old chair please? I've tried online but only American company comes up....anywhere in Ireland I could source this please, online or in the Munster / Leinster area?
    Thank you.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

This thread may be better answered here.Hope you find what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

Have a look on the adverts at the antiques trade gazette .

I know years ago , they were charging 30p a stitch in England (approx) , but I can find out for you in a few days , somebody in Ireland .

Are you looking a getting a stretch of canework to insert , or a repair job on a chair ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mongolianyurt

Hey it is a repair job on a chair. First time attempting so...just looking for the cane to do it. Someone recommended a place in Galway so will try that. If you know of anyone in Munster though....Thanks for the tip on the gazette.:)

Advertisement