Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac OS upgrades in Limerick?

Options
  • 26-08-2011 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently acquired a used Mac desktop machine, and I can't download Firefox or Chrome for a Mac, as the OS is older. I would be using these for work purposes, so would probably have to upgrade the OS.

Would the apple refurb shop do this, or are there folk around who would do it?
    I'm not looking for cracks or illegal downloads or anything like that. Legit all the way!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Not sure if they service Macs but you could give MCS a buzz: 061-416755/087-2541977

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

cheers man, will give them a buzz in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

CompuB

CompuB in Limerick are the only official Apple retailer and service center in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Ah yeah I should've thought of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Another alternative is to check Mozilla/Chromes website for older releases. You should be able to find a version that would be compatible with your current OS. Albeit, you'll be missing features of the newer versions of those browsers.

Yeah... probably just easier to upgrade the OS. :P

• Advertisement

yeah, I have been gowling around the last few hours, and it seems I need to at least upgrade to "Mac OS x 10.5". I'd like to at least do that legitimately then see about getting OS Lion. If a shop can upgrade me in town, it would be handy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Go in to CompuB and ask for Dave he's the manager and one of the techs inside, he'll be able to help you no problem!

Cool, I'm wondering if I should buy an upgrade disc, or get someone like CompuB to just upgrade it for me. I don't necessarily need the disc....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,151 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Just make sure your hardware is compatible with the latest MAC OS. No point in installing a new OS then finding that there are no drivers available for some of it's components.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Sorry had to post this - it made me laugh

1311291793976.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement