Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

History, what are you covering tonight?

• 14-06-2004 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Sect A: Home Rule, 1916

Sect B: Ireland in WW2, Lemass

Sect C: Bismarck and the Tsars

Sect D: Cold war, Hitler and the UN

Special topic

If you think I'm making a big mistake please tell me as these are the only things I'll be able to write about tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

In no manner am i trying to **** on your parade, im just trying to be helpful, but The Emergency came up last year so i really dont see it coming up again this year.

Unless you know something we dont...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

I think you're covered with those topics, just make sure you can write about Northern Ireland in comparison to Ireland during WWII for that question. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Section A:Parnell,Unionism

Secton B:lemass

Section C:New imperialism

Section D:European Unity,De gaulle.

Section E:Michael Davitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

A: constructive unionism; home rule; cultural nationalism

B: Lemass; Northern Ireland 1945+; Emergancy

C: Imperialism; Bismarck; causes ww1; warfare ww1; anglo german rivalry

D: Hitler; Mussolini; Khruschev; Cold War

E: Special topic

oh my god most stressful day ever tomorro!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

I havent really covered a, but i kinda know the following:

Butt
    Davitt
    Some home rule
    Constructive unionism

B:

All of cumman na ngeadheal
    lemass
    know bits of war of independance and blueshirts

C:

I really should learn bismarck today.
    Imperialism
    Versailes settlements,
    Lenin,

D:

Cold war
    Spanish civil war
    General essay on hitler.

Have to do italy/facism today.

E:
    special topic: Operation MINCEMEAT(1943): a deception plan by the allies to support the invasion of sicily(Operation Husky)

Hope some of them come up.

Best of luck to everyone.

• Advertisement

So everyhting i predicted came up but as per usual i ran out of time. Is it justme or is this a common thing in history?

Originally posted by senordingdong
    So everyhting i predicted came up but as per usual i ran out of time. Is it justme or is this a common thing in history?

How long did you spend on one question? You should spend around 35-40 min on each q.

I ran over time in my mocks, only doing 4 q. But have learned since then. Nearly finished the paper, stoped on munich conference on hitlers foreign policy, had around 2 pages written.

Yeah, it's a very long paper, people tend to be rushing at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

i was expecting to be struggling at the end but was sooooo surprised, completely flew through it, wrote 4pages in 25 mins(extremely good for me coz my writing is tiny and i'm soooo slow!)had time to recheck the entire paper twice!And i didn't skim they were thorough essays-dunno what came over me must have been the excitement/adreneline/nerves/whatever!Nice paper!

Originally posted by Sarunas
    How long did you spend on one question? You should spend around 35-40 min on each q.

I ran over time in my mocks, only doing 4 q. But have learned since then. Nearly finished the paper, stoped on munich conference on hitlers foreign policy, had around 2 pages written.

Yeah i thought about trying that approach, but i just wasnt comfortable pulling my pen away from the page (i knew all the stuff...EVERYTHING!)
    I just couldnt leave an essay unfinished, and if i used that strategy, i would have had five essay, but five unfinshed essays-as opposed to just one.

Also, my teacher recomended that when i run out of time i should indicate it on the script and just write out all important info from that poin on in bullet points. (to show that you know the stuff) was anyone else told about this, and does anyone know how the department view/mark it?

• Advertisement

Also, my teacher recomended that when i run out of time i should indicate it on the script and just write out all important info from that poin on in bullet points. (to show that you know the stuff) was anyone else told about this, and does anyone know how the department view/mark it?

My teacher said that as well, but according to the talk one of the examiner-type people gave at UCD before Christmas, you get hardly anything for it. Some marks, but not many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm getting so lucky this year. First I only learn Kavanagh, then he comes up, then Ballina (my home town) came up as the geography map, novelty, and helpful. Then I only learn four topics along with my special topic. Bam! Bismarck. BAm! Lemass! Bam Gladstone! Hitler's rize to power...... **** not there, nevermind the characteristics of facism one was easy, and for some reason, I remembered loads of it.

Just Art history left, then I'm home free :cool:

did anyone do the first course? That looked pretty interesting

Originally posted by claire h
    My teacher said that as well, but according to the talk one of the examiner-type people gave at UCD before Christmas, you get hardly anything for it. Some marks, but not many.

But those few marks might be a difference between a grade.

I didnt really finish parnell, so i wrote down "todo: ..." and "time". On hitler, i havent had time to write that, so i wrote "todo see the plan. TIME". Im not fully sure, but if one gets a nice examiner, he/she might give 5 or something marks for the plan, which is alot since you have to write a not so detailed paragraph to get it.

Advertisement