Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Powercuts in Castleconnell

Options
  • 17-04-2011 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭

I've had two micro powercuts in my house in the last 3 days (Friday night and yesterday morning). The power cuts out for a fraction of a second (enough to shutdown/restart any electrical devices that are on at the time).

Its not just my house (or even my estate) because a friend of mine was in a local petrol station at the time of one of the Friday power cut and it happened there too.

Anyone know what's going on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

hey we had them in supervalu as well and it happened on a busy thursday morning and i had to put all shoppin tru at the till by calculator was funny at the time but wen it came to 105e worth of shopping it wasnt really

• Registered Users Posts: 23,783 ✭✭✭✭phog

I was chatting to a guy at work recently, he had been chattiing to a neighbour of his, both live near the village and they were discussing the power outages, one of them had contacted the ESB and they claimed they had no reports of outages.

If this is the case and I've no reason to doubt what iw as told, I'd advise all of you to start logging the outages with the ESB and to keep a record of each report.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

It's definitely the aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Another one of these tonight during the match:(
    but on a serious note a house in the village caught fire during the outage.
    a mate that live's across from the house was telling me it was candles that started it..Esb would want to start looking into these power cuts before someone gets hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That wasn't a mini one last night... it was down for at least an hour.
    I hope nobody was hurt in the fire.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    That wasn't a mini one last night... it was down for at least an hour.
    I hope nobody was hurt in the fire.

Nobody was hurt as far as i know anyway thank god..lets hope they get it sorted soon before someone does.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

We had one this morning in Ballysimon, It was out for about 10mins at around 8.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

And again this morning (over 90 minutes this time). :mad:

This is getting ridiculous. I got up at 7:30 to do some work, and needed my PC. At least I managed to boil the kettle before the power went.

This is gone beyond a joke at this stage..i need my coffee first thing in the morning..no coffee = pi*#ed off banana:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Went out for a bit thursday afternoon in ballycummin too, very odd.

• Advertisement
Advertisement