Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Software Solution as Commercial Product

Options
  • 14-06-2014 12:00am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This could be the wrong place to ask. I've created a Software Solution for a Company in the US. I maintain full rights to the Application upon delivery, they just pay for the privilege of having it, with a once off payment. So if they're happy with the Product, I'm just wondering, is there a way to market the Application.

I could use my own site and so, but is the Desktop App Markets, similar to iOS and Android App Markets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Id imagine its the same as any other product.

Maybe start contacting people in the same industry and ask them to meet up to discuss how your product can improve their business processes and how great its worked for companies that already use it. Does the industry exist in ireland? Id assume it does so just meet people and work the companies against each other.

I dont see why software would be any different. If you can get the point across that your product will improve their business through X,Y and Z and heres a free trial and training. No non IT type business owner is going to be browsing some App Store looking for an App they dont know exists.

Ive never sold software in this way but i have other products and dont see why it wouldnt work. Anyone here have anything else to add that makes this method not work for software but it does for others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

You just have to be able to demonstrate your software will either save them money or make them money. That's it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Both valid points. Thanks lads.

Advertisement