Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

brackets for under a bath

Options
  • 05-10-2013 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I'm looking for some help.
    We bought a bath off done deal that did not have the brackets/legs underneath it and we can't seem to get them anywhere.
    Anybody any ideas?
    We've tried plumbing supplies shops, woodies, home base etc.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Gee_G wrote: »
    Hi.
    I'm looking for some help.
    We bought a bath off done deal that did not have the brackets/legs underneath it and we can't seem to get them anywhere.
    Anybody any ideas?
    We've tried plumbing supplies shops, woodies, home base etc.
    Thanks

What kind of bath is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    What kind of bath is it?

OK excuse my stupidity here but its like steel I think? :-)

OK excuse my stupidity here but its like steel I think? :-)

Is it light steel or a really heavy cast iron bath?

Is it light steel or a really heavy cast iron bath?

Its light.

Its light.

Those are fairly common. I'd imagine their easy to find

• Advertisement

Those are fairly common. I'd imagine their easy to find

The plumbing supplies we went to said they had them as part of a set(including bath and all) and said he couldn't sell them separately. Any other hardware we tried looked at us as if we had 2 heads! Suppose I'll just have to keep looking around!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

gctest50 wrote: »

Nobody showed me anything unfortunately so I've no idea what I'm even really meant to be looking for! :-)

I might try that first link you posted if I can't get them anywhere local over the next few days!
    Thanks so much for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Nobody showed me anything unfortunately so I've no idea what I'm even really meant to be looking for! :-)

Two bottles of wine and a legless bath with someone nice !!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

If you posted a picture of the bath and underside + any manufacturers markings may help.

• Advertisement

I will try and hey some pictures tomorrow and post them, thanks.

Is there alternative ways to install the bath rather then legs/brackets?(just out of curiosity)

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Is there alternative ways to install the bath rather then legs/brackets?(just out of curiosity)

Yep, you can build a box frame and sit the bath into that. Make up a dry concrete mix and pour it on a plastic sheet under the bath to add support for the tub itself. Fill bath with water to account for water and body mass, and let set.

The metal brackets aren't the most complicated thing in the world though. Ten minutes with some box iron and a welder would sort out your needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

We can tell you if we see some photos.

Advertisement