Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating System requirements for New House

Options
  • 23-05-2013 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi I am looking into what you would need to provide adequate heating for a 250sq.m. new build. Hopes are to provide the house with near passive house levels of insulation and airtightness and to provide a MHRV, and thus keeping your space heat demand quite low. The house will have a stove provided with a connection to a back boiler. If anyone has recommendations for a suitable supplementary system that would meet part L of the renewable aswell that would be great.

My other question is that if you provide Thermal tubes to meet part L which will heat a large tank of water above the temperature which would need the most delivered energy to get water to that point, would not an immersion suffice to heat the water the rest of the way and be quite cost effective. So in summary I ask would it be adequate to have a Stove with back boiler for space heating, A heat recovery mechanical ventilation for heat recovery and controlled ventilation, solar tubes + immersion for domestic hot water? All comments and opinions are greatly appreciated... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Tommyboy08

Hi I am looking into what you would need to provide adequate heating for a 250sq.m. new build. Hopes are to provide the house with near passive house levels of insulation and airtightness and to provide a MHRV, and thus keeping your space heat demand quite low. The house will have a stove provided with a connection to a back boiler. If anyone has recommendations for a suitable supplementary system that would meet part L of the renewable aswell that would be great.

My other question is that if you provide Thermal tubes to meet part L which will heat a large tank of water above the temperature which would need the most delivered energy to get water to that point, would not an immersion suffice to heat the water the rest of the way and be quite cost effective. So in summary I ask would it be adequate to have a Stove with back boiler for space heating, A heat recovery mechanical ventilation for heat recovery and controlled ventilation, solar tubes + immersion for domestic hot water? All comments and opinions are greatly appreciated... :confused:

Check recent post passive heating system for a new build

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭improv_12

Hi Brave Harvey,

how did you get on with your heating/hot water system? Did you opt for the system that you outlined?

Advertisement