Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking question

Options
  • 29-07-2014 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭

Is it permitted to park in the loading bay areas along Patrick st/grand parade during the day in a private car.Reason I ask is had to park in town around 5 on Friday,was going to park in one of these looked at the sign and said sat only,yet seemed to be a lot of cars there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

ofcork wrote: »
    Is it permitted to park in the loading bay areas along Patrick st/grand parade during the day in a private car.Reason I ask is had to park in town around 5 on Friday,was going to park in one of these looked at the sign and said sat only,yet seemed to be a lot of cars there.

Yes you can park there provided it is not during the times posted, just make sure you have a valid parking ticket displayed also (unless it is a Sunday or after 6.30pm).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭ofcork

Seemed to me from the sign that they were loading bays up to 6.30 mon to fri and disc parking areas otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Have you got a photo of the sign? Obviously the sign is gospel so just make sure not to park there during the times posted on it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,429 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Pretty sure they're nearly all loading bays up to half 6, maybe some are taxi ranks after that, where was it specifically?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

After 5 O'Clock in the afternoon, you're probably safe enough. There are always exceptions due to clamp downs, complaints and individual wardens, but overall, you'd expect to be OK.

• Advertisement

TheChizler wrote: »
    Pretty sure they're nearly all loading bays up to half 6, maybe some are taxi ranks after that, where was it specifically?

On the grand parade just past the entrance to the multi storey.

This is the sign I was talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Seems clear enough to me. Friday at 5 is within the loading bay hours.

That's what I thought yet there were plenty of private cars parked at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

This is the sign I was talking about.

Ya, it looks to be a loading bay Mon - Fri and parking disc area on Saturday until 6.30.

I wouldnt be parking there anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement