Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Media Courses

Options
  • 11-02-2014 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi guys,

I'm interested in running social media workshops ranging from social media for beginners to workshops focusing on long term strategies for businesses.

Do you think this is something that people / businesses would be interested in or am I way off with this?

Thanks in advance for your feedback. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sorry, business discussion isn't within the scope of "Blogs / Wikis / Social Networks".
    Moved to Entreprenurial.

What you could do is to approach local businesses with a business plan for "web precence and social media" - readymade and priced.
    If they are already on web/soc media you can critique their current site and suggest improvements. If they are doing the site themselves (and many small businesses still are) maybe they will turn it over to you to administer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

My standard question ..
    What makes you qualified to run the course?

What track record do you have with running courses ?

What track record do you have with social media?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

you would be competing with Local Enterprise Boards and various institutions offering these courses as evening classes for free or next to free. Not a great market I fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 KeepItQT

Blacknight wrote: »
    My standard question ..
    What makes you qualified to run the course?

What track record do you have with running courses ?

What track record do you have with social media?

Thanks for the feedback everyone

I have worked in Social Media for 4 years for large businesses in Ireland setting up and running their blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram accounts etc..

I've been part of teams that were nominated and have won Social Media awards.

I have run two courses one for beginners and the other for a local business looking to step up their social media presence and really enjoyed it. Definitely got the taste for doing more. Just don't know if there would be enough interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

How about tying up with one of your local evening class providers or the local CEB or Chamber of Commerce etc. You might get paid to give classes and would also get your reputation about. Let it be known that you also do private courses/training too!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 KeepItQT

Great idea Peterdalkey,

It's definitely something I'm going to look into a little bit more and see where it takes me.

I'll keep the thread posted for sure if I get any response from people/ businesses.

Advertisement