Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Back to Education allowance Question

Options
  • 18-09-2013 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi, I started a course last week in Limerick college of further education. The week previous I was provisionally approved for the back to education allowance. I had to send in a letter saying I was registered as a full time day student. I hadn't heard anything from them since so I rang them yesterday and they said there was a backlog of applications. Just wondering how long it should take for it to be issued as I'm not getting paid at the moment. I was on Jobseekers allowance but I stopped signing as I presumed I shouldn't while attending the course.

My mother knows a social worker and she said I should keep signing until the back to education is granted. That seems a bit fishy to me as I'm not available for work. Anyone else have any experience with this and what did you do? I'll probably have to call down the welfare office on Friday.

One more thing, The letter stated it had been provisionally approved. I presume as long as I give them the registration letter I will get it. Or is there still a chance of it being refused.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Best thing to do is check on Friday with Social Welfare.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MichaelsMrs

How did you get on Steve?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭steve3194

I went down and asked in the welfare office. I met a right ignorant bat. I asked if I should still be getting social welfare while waiting for the back to education. She said "how else do you expect to support yourself, you know there's a huge backlog" needless to say I didn't know. They must think people are psychic.
    Anyway,rant complete

Im still collecting my jobseekers

Advertisement