Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is the car owner the only person who can bring car for NCT test?

Options
  • 19-02-2008 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

Have to bring the car for a retest but the time slot i got isnt very convientent for me. If i dont take it the car will have to go for a full NCT again. So, could my gf who is a named driver on the car bring it instead of me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

No. I brought my Wife's car to NCT test in December. No questions asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭domania

MuffinsDa wrote: »
    No. I brought my Wife's car to NCT test in December. No questions asked.
    Ditto for me. Once you have all the neccessary docs then it is not a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

What documentation do you need?
    All that you need to bring is the car and money. They don't care who brings the car there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

IrishRover wrote: »
    All that you need to bring is the car and money. They don't care who brings the car there.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

IrishRover wrote: »

+2
    My mum did it for me as I was in work at the time, no questions asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The mechanic brought mine in after he done the service. :)

Advertisement