Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Petrol In and Around the City/Suburbs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Mumha wrote: »
    He's the reason I stopped going there, serious attitude problem.

his name is Ronan and he's as mad as a brush. He sort of reminds me of the lead singer of Future Islands...I wonder does he have the same killer moves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I have just deleted a number of posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic of the thread - keep on topic please

• Registered Users Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭ofcork

Paid 1.47 last night at the garage start of the south link.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

it's 1.48 (for petrol) in the west-link services petrol station- off pouladuff road

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

mikeym wrote: »
    Having a Diesel car helps if you do long distances.

But the only thing is diesel cars cost more to buy.

True - but if you're only doing short distances to work and the odd long distance drive there is no fuel cost advantage to using diesel.

In terms of their prices second hand the Diesels tend to hold up a bit better but the volumes buying new diesels ( as opposed to petrol ) has increased hugely in Ireland in the last 5 Years so the second hand diesels might start getting a bit cheaper going forward. Supply and demand.

In terms of a new car they're very little in the price between a diesel and a petrol these Days. This is largely because the diesels have lower CO2 emissions for similar engine sizes and therefore attract lower VRT, which is a significant part of the cost of a new car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

It's 1.45 for petrol on Model Farm Road in Bishopstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    It's 1.45 for petrol on Model Farm Road in Bishopstown.

This station will generally have the best prices all year round aswell as the station up by turners cross. Filled up the petrol when it was 143.9 on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭mikeecho

This station will generally have the best prices all year round aswell as the station up by turners cross. Filled up the petrol when it was 143.9 on Thursday.

GreatGas @ Turners X isnt all that fantastic unless you're using a Tesco voucher.
    Usually Esso on the link is cheaper

I'd agree about the great gas not being fantastic. The west-link services was 1.45 today and diesel is 1.39. I find the maxol on upper pouladuff to be pretty good too

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

Diesel 136.9 in Millfield Service Station on the Mallow Road yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Petrol 143.9 on the link rd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

Not petrol related but I needed to replace a light bulb on the auto, €3 in Dicksons motor factors on Anglesea St vs €9.99 for the cheapest own brand one in Halfords!

Petrol still 1.45 in westlink togher place. The maxol on upper pouldauff has dropped to 145. And the topaz on vicars road is 147. Diesel is 139. in westlink and maxol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ktc99

rosie16 wrote: »
    Petrol still 1.45 in westlink togher place. The maxol on upper pouldauff has dropped to 145. And the topaz on vicars road is 147. Diesel is 139. in westlink and maxol.

Thought I saw diesel in maxol on pouladuff road at 1.38 today?

ktc99 wrote: »
    Thought I saw diesel in maxol on pouladuff road at 1.38 today?

Maybe it was ? I could have got it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Esso on the south link was 131.9 yesterday just said i would post it here as all the topaz garages around i've seen seem to be staying around the 138/139 mark..

at 8 cent a litre in the difference it can make a bit of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Esso on the south link was 131.9 yesterday just said i would post it here as all the topaz garages around i've seen seem to be staying around the 138/139 mark..

at 8 cent a litre in the difference it can make a bit of a difference.

Texaco model farm rd have petrol for this too. Amazing for them because they are usually expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭rebelden

Hennessys Daybreak Filling Station Whites Cross, had petrol at 128.9 and diesel at 124.8 this morning when filling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

Texaco model farm rd have petrol for this too. Amazing for them because they are usually expensive!

I find it to be the complete opposite, they always seem to be one of the cheapest petrol stations i pass by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Jezz, I looked at the topaz at the rivervalley swords shopping centre and it was €1.49 per litre of petrol, madness. They are very quick to put the price of petrol up, but it takes them forever to lower it the shower of greedy robbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Darius.Tr wrote: »
    I find it to be the complete opposite, they always seem to be one of the cheapest petrol stations i pass by.

That's the Peugeot garage I'd say?

There's a price war between the Topaz at the Bandon rd roundabout and the new Amber. Petrol dropped about 10 cent since it opened. Currently 131.9 in Topaz and 131.8 in Amber.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

bee06 wrote: »
    That's the Peugeot garage I'd say?

There's a price war between the Topaz at the Bandon rd roundabout and the new Amber. Petrol dropped about 10 cent since it opened. Currently 131.9 in Topaz and 131.8 in Amber.

Where exactly is that amber stn?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Across the road from the Topaz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

roundymac wrote: »
    Across the road from the Topaz.

Ah, ok... never spotted it..
    I suppose I wouldn't from atop the flyover

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭leandrolorenzi

Sorry for the slightly OffTopic Post.
    I was spending 180/200 Eur a month in Petrol for commuting (mainly to work), so I decided to convert my car to LPG.
    Not enough mileage to have an idea of the savings, probably the break even point for me will be in 8/9 months.
    I will keep updated if anyone is interested, I am saving the car costs in a spreadsheet, that I could share as soon as more mileage is done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Apogee

bee06 wrote: »

130.9 in Amber today vs. 131.9 in Topaz.

130 and 127 for diesel in westlink services earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

Topax garage at top of Marino has petrol at 129.9

• Registered Users Posts: 16,782 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

dewdrop wrote: »
    Topax garage at top of Marino has petrol at 129.9

Would that be the Topaz at the junction of Centre Park Road and Victoria road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Apogee wrote: »
    130.9 in Amber today vs. 131.9 in Topaz.
    The Maxol further out beyond the Viaduct was 1.29 for petrol yesterday.

Advertisement