Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ballad of Gay Tony

Options
  • 08-10-2009 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Haven't seen much about this here, but there's a lot of material being released for this. Looks fantastic - I can't wait to get a chance to play it.

http://www.rockstargames.com/games#/game:32

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Going to pick this and TLAD on friday. Wonder what the price will be. TBGT looks like vice city again and it looks like they have made it less realistic this time which is a good thing imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Going to pick up the episodes from liberty city on Thursday hopefully my local xtra-vision will have it :rolleyes: I asked them and they had no information on the price and date :eek:

BTW there are a couple of gameplay videos from IGN :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ughvBxEkuPY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m0QbuTrQCE&

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

It looks great. Re-captures the old GTA spirit which was lost in IV.

...but I had GTA4 on the PS3, which means re-buying it on another console! R* making a good load of cash out of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,072 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It looks great. Re-captures the old GTA spirit which was lost in IV.

...but I had GTA4 on the PS3, which means re-buying it on another console! R* making a good load of cash out of me!

AFAIK you don't have to buy the game again, just the episodes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yes it's playable as a stand alone game, which is odd.

Wonder how that will work :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

calex71 wrote: »
    Yes it's playable as a stand alone game, which is odd.

Wonder how that will work :confused:

The same way the GTA 3/Vice City double pack worked, its just a selection screen with both games and you pick one.

Price is going to be around €39.99, which is not too bad at all considering the amount of gameplay you'll get out of it. And the parachutes are back in Ballad of Gay Tony! \o/ Nightclub management side of things to do as well.

Looking forward to picking this up. Some vids below:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

louis the carictor for the ballad of gaytony is in gta 4 when you do the bank job with paccy
    heres a bit more info on the chap louis Lopez
    http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/2009/10/28/1791/meet_luis_lopez

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

For the disk version.Can it only be bought with the TLAD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Soby wrote: »
    For the disk version.Can it only be bought with the TLAD?

Yep - there's only one disk version out there, and it includes both episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

tman wrote: »
    Yep - there's only one disk version out there, and it includes both episodes.

I read on Wikipedia that the disk version will also come with 3 extra radio stations, including Vice City FM

Even though I already have TLAD, I might actually buy the disk version, asI was planning on playing through TLAD again anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Is the box version out today?

Think so..Seen as i ahve alreay have TLAD and no Creditcard prob just gonna buy one of the points cards

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Been playing away today.

Great game, harks back to the OOTness and Campness of Vice City.

First few missions i was trying to hit a snitch with golf balls, then escaping from the mob in a golf cart, then managed to get myself into cage fighting.

Best of the GTAIV games easily.

downloading this bad boy now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

R any of thses DLC's going to be available for the PC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

suppafly wrote: »

Don't think so, Xbox exclusive. Ms paid 50 million for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I read on Wikipedia that the disk version will also come with 3 extra radio stations, including Vice City FM

Even though I already have TLAD, I might actually buy the disk version, asI was planning on playing through TLAD again anyway

I had TLAD already aswell, i got the disk for the sole purpose of freeing up some space on my HDD lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Anyone got far in the game? if ya did.. then without tellin me any spoilers, wot side features are in it? eg: weapons? clothes? cars? im only on like the 3rd mission ive been too distracted by Borderlands & Sky lol

Is this better than TLAD?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

first impressions are excellent, ive enjoyed the few missions ive played so far bar the introduction to sticky bombs which was annoying and boring. new races and cars online with Nitro! The bullet GT is a lovely car and no doubt based on the Ford GT40.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,246 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

oh and why oh why do they keep mentioning the recession? i play games to forget about the f'ing recession?

• Advertisement

suppafly wrote: »

i think they will eventually, and proabbly for the PS3 too.

MS invested 50 million in these, the fact that they were supposed to be DLC exclusive originally, and now they're available in a disc format shows that the DLC "exclusive" must have been a disaster.

Figures show that still not many people use their console online.

in a few months MS will take money off Sony to see the episodes available there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

jayteecork wrote: »
    MS invested 50 million in these, the fact that they were supposed to be DLC exclusive originally, and now they're available in a disc format shows that the DLC "exclusive" must have been a disaster.
    They were exclusive to the xbox, they never said that they weren't going to release them on a disc which was a very good decision to do so, handy for the people that don't use credit cards or that have poor broadband connections.

Definitely worth getting, much better then the first dlc, really throws you in to the action very quickly and the weapons are fun, love using the P-90. Oh and there's booty calls too :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Any idea if the 2nd one is longer than the 1st one ? Or how it compares in size and over all things to do compared with the main game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Picked it up this morning, very very impressive. Vice City FM is wicked, 80's tunes galore, while Valdivostok FM is now a dance station with some good tunes as well. Story so far, has started in one of the best ways I've seen in a GTA, up there with San Andreas. Looks like I might be playing this for the day :D:D

DarkJager wrote: »
    Picked it up this morning, very very impressive. Vice City FM is wicked, 80's tunes galore, while Valdivostok FM is now a dance station with some good tunes as well. Story so far, has started in one of the best ways I've seen in a GTA, up there with Vice City. Looks like I might be playing this for the day :D:D

FYP.

Definitely the best GTA since VC.

Love it so far..Always forgot to say this but just remembered it now after doing the mission with the "stickey bombs"...But everyone notice how all the planes in the airport have a Irish flag on them.

All of them?
    Thought it was just the one you had to blow up.

nah noticed it before when playing free mode in the orignal GTA 4(i.e with Niko)

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Lame Lantern

So, um, is the Celebinator supposed to be Irish? He's got the most ludicrous accent I've ever heard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

So far kind of disappointed TBH. Its not that different to 4 or other downloadable content and certainly isn't close to Vice City in awesomeness.

I'll give it time though as its early days. As someone getting sick of the franchise, it hasn't inspired me to keep purchasing. Might be time to go to SR2 :-/

Advertisement