Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free anti virus??

Options
  • 18-05-2015 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

Norton expires at end of month & don't want to pay for it anymore
    What's the best free anti virus available?

MSE - I've used before a few years back & liked has it gotten better/worse?

AVG - Never used

AVAST - Never used

I watch live sports & stream movies so would any of these protect my laptop?
    Anything better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

You get what you pay for, so for free, don't expect something bulletproof in return. Saying that, paid anti-virus aren't bulletproof either. Go with Avast or MSE in my opinion, found AVG to be buggy lately (and installs network adapter junk/protocols). A lot of it is common sense, don't click on links that say "to watch video you must install this codec" etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    You get what you pay for, so for free, don't expect something bulletproof in return. Saying that, paid anti-virus aren't bulletproof either. Go with Avast or MSE in my opinion, found AVG to be buggy lately (and installs network adapter junk/protocols). A lot of it is common sense, don't click on links that say "to watch video you must install this codec" etc...

Yeah I think I'll give MSE another go

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭owen85

i find 360 total security to be pretty good. Used to use AVG and swapped to 360. its free and has better reviews than mse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭manjosh

I suggest you give 360 or avast a try. Both deep scanning procedure, bring my system back to life after attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 komitskio

Every deep scan slows your computer, drains resourses and there is no guarantee it will find something. I use AVG because it is light, I agree it was lighter and better, but what can you do.

Advertisement