Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up Second Router

Options
  • 02-05-2015 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭

I recently bought a Belkin AC1800 and was having some issues with setting it up and factory restarted it. Now I can't connect to it at all.

It have a wired connection to my Cisco UPC router, and it's broadcasting an unsecured Broadcom SSID that I can connect to but can't use in any way.

The ip addresss that I originally used to set up the router no longer works, even through a wired connection.

I've tried accessing the router through the network function in windows, put in the required pin but the setup fails every time.

I've tried:

The belkin SSID and password written on the bottom the router
    The same SSID and password as my UPC router
    And the settings offered automatically by the computer

None of them worked. Have no idea what to try next!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

If you connect your laptop directly to it by ethernet does your laptop get an IP? If so open command prompt and type "ipconfig /all", the gateway in the output should be it's IP address.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I tried connecting to it with an ethernet cable but the computer wasn't given an ip address. I manually gave the computer an ip addres but I still wasn't able to connect to the router or to the internet.

I also seem to be having issues with my original router. My desktop connects to it wirelessly but most sites only work about about 9/10 refreshes.

I get various erros in chrome
    DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET
    Chrome ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Kept a list of every solution that I could find
    Restart DNS
    Flush DNS
    Renew IP
    Restart router
    Deleted cookies
    no extensions
    re-install chrome

The wi-fi is unreliable on all the devices that connect to it, so I'm guessing it's some issue with the router but resetting/restarting it has made no difference.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Is the Cisco router working ok? Which Cisco is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

It's a Cisco EPC3925. It's fine for the devices I have connected by cable, but the wireless is unreliable, which is why I bought the second router but I'm not having any more luck with that!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

And have you tried bridging it? Lots of advice here

I have that model myself in bridge mode with an Asus wireless router and its a great combination.

• Advertisement
Advertisement