Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dominos Double Decadence

Options
  • 25-02-2005 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Anybody get one yet ?

Me a me sister where going to get one for the dinner as we usually get a take-away on a friday. BUT have you seen the price of them ? now i think it's quite dear.

First of all you can only get it in a medium, the prices are the same as the usual medium size pizzas plus €2 for the DDD.

Me and my sis where going to get a House Special with the DDD between us which would cost €18, so that would be €9 each for half a pizza.

I think it's a bit much , what do you think ?

BUT they do look lovely... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

the bloody pepperoni plain is €14 (that a medium) - dominos are a rip but their pizzas are nice - maybe try mazzonies (sp?) or something otherwise. If you really want the dd pizza, just buy it and try it. Sounds a bit disgusting to me - all that grease and cheese....uuugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

lol, i ended up getting a medium create your own with ham and pineapple, which was €12, all to my-self :D

also if you go into dominos for a carry out you can get the house speical (medium) for €11 + €2 for the DD that's a saving of €5 :D ...

plz move this thread to bargain alerts (joke)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kevboy1

was it nice???

kevboy1 wrote:
    was it nice???

Hi kevboy.

Welcome to boards.ie, yes it was gorejes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Have to say, I was very disapointed with the DD. It looks lovely on the TV but I found it dry and bland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I didn't like the DD at all. I was really looking forward to it too :( The herby-cheese stuff in the middle isn't very nice and ruins the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

What type of taste does the filling have?

Is it spicey?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

no pizza can touch pizza hut, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Stekelly wrote:
    no pizza can touch pizza hut, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Agreed but they dont deliver, the choice for delivery has to be apache!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Yeah double decadence is a bit disappointing. We were messing about with it in-store about four months ago before I left - to be honest, I don't think it's worth the hype :(!

EDIT: And certainly not worth the price!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I've found apache to be really bad recently, and by recently I mean the past few years. By far the niceset delivery is Dominoes these days, as long as it's done right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Yeah no doubt that Domino's beat Apache - hands-down. Apache is so dry, flat...euch.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I prefer Godfathers myself. Delicious pizza delivered in 10-15 mins usually plus they have really good meal deals. €19 got me a medium pizza with 3 toppings, garlic bread with cheese, chips with a dip, and 3 cans.

is the stuff in the middle of the DD the same as the stuff they give you in the tub on the side?

I prefer Godfathers myself.

hmm... i must try them, there's one beside our local xtra-vision...

after this post i'm unsubscribing from this thread, it's making me hungry... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I prefer Godfathers myself. Delicious pizza delivered in 10-15 mins usually plus they have really good meal deals. €19 got me a medium pizza with 3 toppings, garlic bread with cheese, chips with a dip, and 3 cans.

is the stuff in the middle of the DD the same as the stuff they give you in the tub on the side?

I've only eaten in one godfathers, the one beside xtra-vision on the greenhills road, thought it was horrible. Might just have been on a bad day but havnt been back since, It was only open a couple of days at the time.

FX Meister wrote:
    I've found apache to be really bad recently, and by recently I mean the past few years. By far the niceset delivery is Dominoes these days, as long as it's done right.

Really? havent noticed. Not where I come from!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Goodfellas Stone Baked - can't go wrong.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I ususally order from the godfather's in either ranelagh or Rathgar now they are open, never had a bad pizza from either of them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I ususally order from the godfather's in.... Rathgar now they are open

love the loading of toppings, pizza jammers with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Inspired by this thread I got a Dominoes on teh way home. Medium Pizza with that Double Decadence base, extra cheese, onions, sweetcorn, fresh tomatoes and olives. All for €11. I thought it was extra for the DD base but I wasn't going to argue with him. It was fantastic. Has no crust as well which added to the pizza in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Man i had to throw out the menu , the look of it was making me sick!!

Advertisement