Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drafting for Madden 15

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

What we could do is run a league based on head to head games rather than setting up an online franchise. This would be similar to what Paully is doing, but based on a longer season.

It depends how many teams we have but it will be trade off between having trades, player progressions, injuries, cap management, free agency or having none of that but also no CPU games.

Just something to think about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

adrian522 wrote: »
    What we could do is run a league based on head to head games rather than setting up an online franchise. This would be similar to what Paully is doing, but based on a longer season.

It depends how many teams we have but it will be trade off between having trades, player progressions, injuries, cap management, free agency or having none of that but also no CPU games.

Just something to think about.

Aye, I suggested something similar back in April, but everyone who responded preferred to go with the connected franchise format.
    I wonder if we could do something like a Premier League format if numbers are scarce?

I know it takes away the fun of the offseason draft, free agency, trades etc, but it's not going to be much fun doing those things with 10 CPU games a season either.

If we had 15 players or less I think it might be something to strongly consider.

You could play everyone once, so if there was 15 people then you get 14 games, top 8 go into the playoffs. Then the person who finishes bottom of the league gets the first pick of who they want to play with the following season and go in that order, so we're switching teams every season too as an added bonus to add more fun. You'd easily bang through 3 seasons of that.

It'd be quite easy to keep a league table via Excel and fixtures could be made via a random generator.

I think (hope) we might get about 20 players on 360 which would make a connected franchise very feasible (not perfect, but okay), though that might be pushing it a bit.

15 or less and I would definitely be considering what you have suggested however.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

To be honest, give junior heli arriving i wont have time to run a league in that fashion so someone else would need to take it over.

The PFL run a league in that fashion and it takes a fair bit of effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Half the fun for me is building my team through the draft etc so I think sticking with regular connected franchise would be better.

Now...to pick the Falcons or not, that is the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I'd prefer connected to, especially now after 6 seasons and 2 games, ive finally found out which attributes to enhance for each position

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Subject to me checking a few things once i've had some sleep!!

Berty i dont think is coming back so at this point looks like we have 16 players

360 Name Win %
    1 Daft dave 37.50%
    2 Pudsy 46.88%
    3 Gatsby 48.48%
    4 mikemac 54.55%
    5 Garry Ibbotson 56.25%
    6 Heli 62.50%
    7 Rock lesnar 63.24%
    8 Raoul 68.18%
    9 knex 73.61%
    10 Paully 75.71%
    11 Guns4all 77.03%
    12 Padraic 77.14%
    13 Empacher 80.00%
    14 Giffney 90.00%
    15 berty 93.75%
    16 Kopfan 100.00%
    17 Tripperman 101.00%

Updated

360 Name Win %
    1 Daft dave 37.50%
    2 Pudsy 46.88%
    3 mikemac 54.55%
    4 Garry Ibbotson 56.25%
    5 Heli 62.50%
    6 Rock lesnar 63.24%
    7 Raoul 68.18%
    8 knex 73.61%
    9 Paully 75.71%
    10 Guns4all 77.03%
    11 Padraic 77.14%
    12 Empacher 80.00%
    13 Giffney 90.00%
    14 Kopfan 100.00%
    15 Tripperman 101.00%[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

I don't think gary ibbitson is coming back hell

I don't think gary ibbitson is coming back hell

I might get a good team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Sorry guys im going Xbox One

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Would the last 360'er left turn the lights out before you lock the door......actually this will be me, never mind, carry on :(

Nah will be me, need to close down the forum :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I have it for 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭davetherave

I turned on the 360 there last night to play a bit of GTA, still waiting for Madden to be delivered, and I was sitting there wondering why the wireless controller had all four green lights flashing. Look at the console itself and there are every bodies three favourite red rings looking back at me. :eek:

After humming and hawwing for a few seconds I decide the best course of action is to try turning it off and on again. Sure enough it works, so I'm still in for the 360 league :) (for now).

It's an original launch model so even if it does go I'd say that at 9 years I've gotten my moneys worth. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement