Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drafting for Madden 15

Options
  • 17-05-2014 3:07pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭

inspired by Paullys post... please dont throw any games :pac:

Drafting will be based off results for season 2 and 3 and the season 1 file somehow became corrupt, I'm going to get onto EA to see if we could get them to recover the standings but i would doubt it..

As always there is a minimum threshold of games to play in order to get your place on the draft, as we've had a few guys move onto the XBO, I'm prepared to reduce this from the standard 2 season (32 games) to 1.5 seasons (26 games)

Based just on season 2.. i am picking my team 12th..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Could you post the current standings if possible mate?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

This is just for Season 2, there are 3/4 groups that have the same winning % so the order will definitely move at the end of season 3, I've excluded lads who are on XBO as they wont be coming back i'dimagine

Ali G
    pudsy
    paddy
    daftdave
    adrian
    rock lesnar
    Gatsby
    mikemac
    heli
    theoneadlum
    Carroller
    Padraic
    Guns4all
    Raoul
    Paully
    knex
    giffney
    Empacher
    berty
    Perrin

Cheers mate.

Hopefully we'll have the vast majority of that 20 back and be able to recruit a few more players too. It'd be nice to get around 20-25 human players. Tough with the Xbox One transition though.

I'd be picking 15th based on that, probably there or thereabouts with where I will be picking when all is said and done. Good opportunity to land a decent team, one either in win now mode or one I can build.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Whats the story with platform? Xbox One???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

not unless you are buying it for everyone...!

I'll be 360 til at least Xmas

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Don't see myself buying madden on the 360, it'd be xbox one for me if I'm playing it next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

I wont be playing on 360 next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭Raoul

I don't know if I will be back on the 360. Hope that the league doesn't fall apart! :(

Raoul wrote: »
    I don't know if I will be back on the 360. Hope that the league doesn't fall apart! :(

I think there's a good chance that it will, but just for Madden 15. By Madden 16 the vast, vast majority of us will be on Xbox One and the league back to normal.

Yep agree, i think 15 will be a challenge and it will be tough to keep it going but if we do we should have a good group for Madden 16

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

BUMP

Any update on draft rankings or ya just gonna wait till after the Superbowl?

should get a chance to stick them up tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Ouch. id have the number one pick but i wont be getting this for 360. I made the playoffs in season one but had a disasterous second season. Best of luck. hopefully will be back in 2016.

i have this done but just need to tidy up the data, but Ali you are right you'd have been number 1 if you were coming back.

We have 8 teams on the same win % so i just need to check conf/division games to see whos better, should get that done this evening and will post up the draft order.

Have included rock/adrians play off game

So here is the full listif everyone was coming back

Rank 360 Name
    1 Ali G
    2 daftdave
    3 Mikemac
    4 Darbey
    5 Pudsy
    6 Gatsby
    7 Garry Ibbotson
    8 Paddy
    9 Rock lesnar
    10 Adrian
    11 Heli
    12 Raoul
    13 knex
    14 Carroller
    15 theoneadlum
    16 Guns4all
    17 Padraic
    18 Empacher
    19 Paully
    20 Perrin
    21 berty
    22 Giffney
    23 Kopfan

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

mmm I quite fancy the Titans.

A couple may drop off,

Gary hasnt played much this season due to a live issue.
    Berty likely wont be back.

Changes may happen due to play off games etc.

€100 on mike picking the Ravens :pac:

Rank 360 Name
    1 daftdave
    2 Mikemac
    3 Pudsy
    4 Gatsby
    5 Garry Ibbotson
    6 Rock lesnar
    7 Heli
    8 Raoul
    9 knex
    10 theoneadlum
    11 Guns4all
    12 Padraic
    13 Empacher
    14 Paully
    16 berty
    17 Giffney
    15 Perrin

adrian522 wrote: »
    mmm I quite fancy the Titans.

Feel free to take them on the XBO!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

How is Perrin before me :O

How is Perrin before me :O

Cheers, only had him down for 2 play off wins when it should be 3...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I'm pretty sure I should be be behind Pauly??

Will check in the morning may be a play off issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Oh how far I've falling... 4th pick last year :-(

Cheers Heli, top work.

Dave loves his TE's - Vernon Davis is one of the best and along with the 49ers being an elite team they are going to prove too tempting to pass up. San Francisco clear favourites to go #1 right now I think.

Ravens are going top 3 without a doubt as if Mike doesn't take them Pudsy will be all over them. If Gatsby doesn't want a change, he'll take the Falcons. I'm unsure what Gary will do but Rock takes the Eagles if they are there at #6, Heli takes the Titans at #7. After that, I haven't got a clue.

I wonder if anyone will surprise us in the first few picks? The Browns with Manziel are likely to be one team that those near the top might consider for a number of reasons. Jaguars will be a nice building project. That's before you even consider teams like the Saints who are in win now mode. Hopefully we can get the 17 players or more anyway as it makes the draft to pick teams and everything else too much more exciting with a lot of human players.

dont praise me yet.. formula error.. this is what happens when i do excel on my own laptop thats falling apart.. updated draft list in a few...

right lets try this again :o
    Including the pats/browns game

Mike and PAddy are on the same win % so i need to check later on conf records

360 Name
    1 Daft dave
    2 Pudsy
    3 Gatsby
    4 mikemac
    5 Garry Ibbotson
    6 Heli
    7 Rock lesnar
    8 Raoul
    9 knex
    10 Padraic
    11 Paully
    12 Guns4all
    13 Empacher
    14 Giffney
    15 berty
    16 Kopfan
    17 Tripperman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Including the pats/browns game

Mike and PAddy are on the same win % so i need to check later on conf records

360 Name
    1 Daft dave
    2 Pudsy
    3 Gatsby
    4&5 mikemac
    4&5 Paddy
    6 Garry Ibbotson
    7 Heli
    8 Rock lesnar
    9 Raoul
    10 knex
    11 Padraic
    12 Paully
    13 Guns4all
    14 Empacher
    15 Giffney
    16 berty
    17 Kopfan
    18 Tripperman

It doesn't matter I wont be playing on the 360.

Pudsy is now the happiest man in the league as he leaps above Mike and therefore almost certainly gets the Ravens. :pac:

Empacher picking after me so he now gets to follow me into whatever division I go in to and cause me hell for the year! :pac:

Going to be some interesting choices...

Sehawks wont have much cap
    Broncos are loaded with talent that could well retire in year one
    Texans look to be an awesome D but not much else
    Titans will have a good 0-line and a decent D-line
    Colts will be great on O but if they lose Mathis their D is useless

some quality teams through out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Paully D wrote: »
    Pudsy is now the happiest man in the league as he leaps above Mike and therefore almost certainly gets the Ravens. :pac:

Boooooooooooo :mad:

I think I'll head over to the NFC anyway

Advertisement