Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What US shows have never made it over here?

Options
  • 23-05-2011 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

With the cousins spoiling me with their ability to send me shows as soon as they air these days, I've mostly forgotten to sometimes turn off the HTPC and take a look at the old TV now and then. I know a lot of my faves will be eventually shown over here (at some odd times if they end up on RTE) but there are some high quality shows that will probably never be shown, for whatever reason.

A quick list from my archives reveals shows like Childrens Hospital, Onion Sportsdome, Archer (?), Traffic Light (cancelled, but still), Endgame, Southland. Not a stellar line up (apart from Archer and Southland), but there's far worse been shown every day on Sky One and Channel 4.

So there's got to be some great shows out there that have never or will likely never make the long lonely trek across the Atlantic?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I haven't seen Lost Girl yet, but since SyFy US has picked it up it should hopefully port over. Some of those shows may have been aired on the minor Sat channels on Sky like Universal or Alibi. Southland aired on More4.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Archer is shown in the UK on Channel 5 or something, nobody in Ireland appears to be bothered to get it :rolleyes:

Parks and Recreation hasn't come over, and 3e just barely showed Community, all disjointed and at very strange times. Has Breaking Bad been picked up?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

3e showed Southland

Weeds and Breaking Bad was never picked up by any Irish channels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

If you haven't done it yet, have a look at Sports Show with Norm MacDonald.

It started last month on Comedy Central, 6 episodes so far.

You don't really need any interest in American sports to appreciate it, it's basically just Norm firing off one liners and being mean about sports stars.

Opening joke from last week -
    "An injured Tiger Woods withdrawing from the Players' Championship on Thursday after only nine holes. Nine holes, or as Tiger calls it... 3 ladies"

Advertisement