Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exile [BBC]

• 25-04-2011 10:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭

BB238103%2540Exile.jpg

Starts new Sunday at 9pm on BBC.. saw a promo (not on YT yet) and thought it looked great!

Starring the superb John Simms and Jim Broadbent, and created by the man behind 'Shameless' Paul Abbott.
    Exile is a new drama series for BBC One. Created by Paul Abbott and written by Danny Brocklehurst, this three part drama is a psychological thriller that tells an intimate story of prodigal redemption.

John Simm plays Tom Ronstadt, a successful London journalist whose world has fallen apart and it's all his own doing. With his career and life in ruins he decides to return to his hometown in Lancashire for the first time in 18 years. He finds his father Sam (Jim Broadbent), who Tom idolised as a child, in the grip of Alzheimer's – a once formidable man now being cared for by his younger sister Nancy (Olivia Coleman).

Over the three episodes Tom unravels the mystery linked to his childhood that drove him away all those years ago. In trying to extract information and encouraging him to remember the past, Tom becomes increasingly frustrated with his father's failure to remember. He persists unaware that he is unearthing a devastating crime that will reveal secrets he could never have imagined.

Shaun Dooley, Timothy West and Claire Goose will also star.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

recorded all three eps on sky and watched them in one sitting last night - this was a brilliant drama - just wondering if anyone else watched it (I'll definitely give it another view before I delete it from the box)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

cjmcork wrote: »
    recorded all three eps on sky and watched them in one sitting last night - this was a brilliant drama - just wondering if anyone else watched it (I'll definitely give it another view before I delete it from the box)

Yeah, i thought it was great. Great cast and the story played out nicely over the three episodes.

Just one more thing ...

Basq wrote: »
    Starring the superb John Simms and Jim Broadbent, and created by the man behind 'Shameless' Paul Abbott.

Basq, It's John Simm, not John Simms. Everyone gets his name wrong :mad:

There, I feel better now, thanks.

Advertisement