Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 (US) [**Spoilers**]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

basquille wrote: »
    The blonde girl was Cameron from 'House'
    never got into House myself :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Ok episode, enjoyed the restaurant scene with Marshall's interior monologue and the locker room scene at the end.
    "Dude, seriously, this is a locker room."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Otacon wrote: »
    I think they are trying to imply that it is Robin's wedding and throughout the season you will wonder who the groom is. Obviously they are hinting at either Barney or Don, but I thought that the friend they were racing to could also be a possibility now.

So, my hunch was... wrong. Oh well.

Good episode, some funny scenes throughout. Loved the bedroom bit with Robin and Lily criticising Marshall. For some reason, Barney is getting less funny, can't quite put my finger on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

So, my hunch was... wrong. Oh well.

Good episode, some funny scenes throughout. Loved the bedroom bit with Robin and Lily criticising Marshall. For some reason, Barney is getting less funny, can't quite put my finger on it.
    we need more of barney in the mornings, getting girls out, and him mocking canada,

im liking this season but we need the mother, just to have ted date someone for a year and after the year him telling the kids thats when i knew that she was your mother, and boom we find out who the mother is and we actually know her, you know the final line of the show will be and thats how i met you mother,

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think it's time for Barney to get a girlfriend so we can see him adjust to that type of life

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote: »
    I think it's time for Barney to get a girlfriend so we can see him adjust to that type of life

He's done that already with Robin... and it was not that funny.

He is at his best when he is single and loving it TBH.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Barney needs some chick to pop up pregnant or a rampaging STD.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I know he was with Robin, I meant with someone outside the group so he could pretent to be normal

This week's was really funny.
    Old Barney
    had me in knots.

"Let's play telephone. I have the string and you have the cans!" Classic Barney.

Very good episode overall.

• Advertisement

This is going to sound horrible, but I'll say it anway - Cobie Smulders is back to being as gorgeous as ever this season.

She's smuldering hot, in fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Is no one watching this now,

Thought last nights was quite good with The Captain and Barney and Robin touching stuff. And nice to have a Ted centric episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Pretty funny episode tbh. I quite enjoyed Barney & Robin touching things.

Cobie is a fox.

allanb49 wrote: »
    Is no one watching this now,

Thought last nights was quite good with The Captain and Barney and Robin touching stuff. And nice to have a Ted centric episode.
    i think the half hour comedies arent really talk about to much here, you constantly have to scroll through pages and pages of threads to find some of them,

only the top top shows that are cool to follow or hated are discussed, unless they have dedicated sub-forums, or an extremely chatty fanbase

HIMYM is good for a few laughs each week, but the actors in the show aren't locking whores in closets, or rolling cars off cliffs in real life, so you wouldnt get much discussion about the show,

is it me or has jennifer morrison gone down hill since leaving house, and she didnt look as hot as usual in here evening gown, didnt really seem like the same actress in any way at all,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

I thought this week's episode was very funny!
    All the innuendos in Robin's show had me in stitches :pac:
    And now we know who's wedding it is :)

jubella wrote: »
    And now we know who's wedding it is :)

Punchy? Seems like a total cop-out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

But we know Ted is the best man at the wedding and it'd be a bit of a coincidence if there was another wedding this season that he was best man at! So it has to be Punchy's. The wedding at the start was obviously just trying to get us to speculate about who's it was. We already know that the show loves red herrings!

jubella wrote: »
    ...red herrings!

...hence, cop-out.

After the producers said that the season opener was a 'game-changer' as well. It feels more like a middle-finger to the fans, moreso than it has in the past.

The episode was OK, but the actual 'Beaver Song' just wasn't funny.

Don't think it will be his, misdirection me thinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

allanb49 wrote: »
    Don't think it will be his, misdirection me thinks

I agree. The show loves to mess with your head like that and is constantly misdirecting. It could well be Punchy's wedding we see at the start of the season but it's not set in stone yet and there's a lot more of the season to go.

• Advertisement

It could be a game-changer in that he invites the blonde activist wan to the wedding after she gets divorced and they hook up and live happily ever after.

It could be a game-changer in that he invites the blonde activist wan to the wedding after she gets divorced and they hook up and live happily ever after.
    somhow i cant see the blonde activist also being in that class he accidentally thought,

maybe his future daughter will be the mother, now that would be very surprising, think, shes in her mid twenties now, and sure shed look a lot like the mother seeing as the mother is her mother, i dunno how many eps she could be in though seeing as shes now in nikita,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

don ramo wrote: »
    somhow i cant see the blonde activist also being in that class he accidentally thought,

maybe his future daughter will be the mother, now that would be very surprising, think, shes in her mid twenties now, and sure shed look a lot like the mother seeing as the mother is her mother, i dunno how many eps she could be in though seeing as shes now in nikita,

Lindsay Fonseca? MMMMMMMMM.

amacachi wrote: »
    Lindsay Fonseca? MMMMMMMMM.
    yeah thats her couldnt think of the name,

Lyndsy-Fonseca.jpg

mmmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

After the producers said that the season opener was a 'game-changer' as well. It feels more like a middle-finger to the fans, moreso than it has in the past.

How is it not a game-changer? After 6 seasons, we learned WHERE he met the mother. Not at McLarens or at school, but at a wedding. That's pretty big tbh.

On that point, I assumed going on that episode that that's the day he met the mother for the first time. Hence anybody he meets in the meantime, Zoey included, can't be the mother. That said though they are spending a lot of time on this Zoey arc, so she must be linked to it all in some way.

Daysha wrote: »
    How is it not a game-changer? After 6 seasons, we learned WHERE he met the mother. Not at McLarens or at school, but at a wedding. That's pretty big tbh.

On that point, I assumed going on that episode that that's the day he met the mother for the first time. Hence anybody he meets in the meantime, Zoey included, can't be the mother. That said though they are spending a lot of time on this Zoey arc, so she must be linked to it all in some way.
    yeah but whos to say we havent already met the mother, but she was a friend at first, then he fell in love with her, and then married her, and thats when he knew she would be the kids mother,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

I wish they would just drop the whole mother meeting thingey and rename the show "How i met Barney"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

madrab wrote: »
    I wish they would just drop the whole mother meeting thingey and rename the show "How i met Barney"

We already know how they met Barney.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

don ramo wrote: »
    yeah but whos to say we havent already met the mother, but she was a friend at first, then he fell in love with her, and then married her, and thats when he knew she would be the kids mother,
    I swear, if he ends up married to robyn, i'll be so so pissed

• Advertisement

I swear, if he ends up married to robyn, i'll be so so pissed

Won't be cause it's said in a few episodes aunt robyn has kids now, but she wasn't always like that.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=

Could the activist one be his future sister in law?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Hannah is his wife, Zoe's daughter in law.

Advertisement