Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How I Met Your Mother - Season 6 (US) [**Spoilers**]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ bah!...never liked the show, only watched the Britney episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Can't wait!

It's gonna be Legen - wait for it...Dary!!

Ep. now out - that Coby Smulders wan is the best thing about it, and maybe NPH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Thought it was a really good opening episode.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,570 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wanna shave Ted's head :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Probably better standard than a lot of last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Was worried when it looked like it was going to it was going to go down the Robin and Ted route but they averted it nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

God.. I hope it's better than last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Good opener. Good to have it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

That was brilliant! Better than the vast majority of S5 already.

Anyone else think regards the end:
    It's Robin and Barney's wedding? Hopefully I'm wrong but they were the only two absent from that sequence and you could definitely tell during the episode that they're not done with them yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Daysha wrote: »
    That was brilliant! Better than the vast majority of S5 already.

Anyone else think regards the end:
    It's Robin and Barney's wedding? Hopefully I'm wrong but they were the only two absent from that sequence and you could definitely tell during the episode that they're not done with them yet.

Thought the exact same thing alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Thought the exact same thing alright.

Also:
    The writers described the first episode of S6 as 'a gamechanger' so that could well be it. I hear a few other people think it could be Cindy's wedding but I doubt he'd go from ex-boyfriend to best man at her wedding just like that.

That said though I wonder how Cindy's roommate (aka the Mother) ends up at it? Her being there doesn't make as much sense if it was the other two's wedding.

I'm nearly convinced now though that we'll get a mother reveal by the end of the season. More than likely under that yellow umbrella with the really bad storm just starting :P

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Legen_Dary

Daysha wrote: »
    Also:

That said though I wonder how Cindy's roommate (aka the Mother) ends up at it? Her being there doesn't make as much sense if it was the other two's wedding.

I'm nearly convinced now though that we'll get a mother reveal by the end of the season. More than likely under that yellow umbrella with the really bad storm just starting :P
    agree with the mother reveal, do you think that will be the end of the show or will it end at the wedding? I think the final reveal will be it :( I can't live in a world without How I Met Your Mother!

Loved Todays episoode
    - you dont have to worry Ted and I'll tell you why in 1 word " DIBS"
    - It would be like aliens landing... actually thats a bad example because that could happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Totally agree that it's Barney and Robin's wedding. That was definitely what we were supposed to take out of that scene. And if it was misdirection, I'll be kind of annoyed!

Really liked this episode. Hopefully it'll keep up this standard for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

^ bah!...never liked the show, only watched the Britney episodes.

I do believe that is the saddest thing I have ever read on boards.ie :(

Someone watches a show they hate just coz Britney Spears is in it :eek:

:-)

Good opener.. but the only real LOL moment for me was Marshall's exit from the office with his workmates gunning him on to get Lily pregnant! :D

Ludo wrote: »
    I do believe that is the saddest thing I have ever read on boards.ie :(

Someone watches a show they hate just coz Britney Spears is in it :eek:

:-)

Yes, it was after her meltdown, i wanted to see how she did...she was cute in the first ep.

Yes, it was after her meltdown, i wanted to see how she did...she was cute in the first ep.

***sigh***

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I didn't really like this episode at all, it just seems to have lost something. It felt more 'acted' than natural, a bit off. I hope next week is better.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Average episode at best. Hopefully it will improve again as I quite like it generally. Roll on the Big Bang though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I'm thinking its going to be Robins wedding, Maybe not Barneys too, It does leave some credance to it being there wedding but i'm gonna go out on a limb and say Barney stays single and Robin marries some other guy.

allanb49 wrote: »
    I'm thinking its going to be Robins wedding, Maybe not Barneys too, It does leave some credance to it being there wedding but i'm gonna go out on a limb and say Barney stays single and Robin marries some other guy.

Why would Ted be best man in that case though?

Could be the wedding from anyone to a new character, an old child-hood friend or even the silly possibility his parents could be getting remarried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Maybe Robin got to choose the best man as the guy she was marrying chose bridesmaids :cool: it is the 21st century

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I'm sorry, am I going to have to be the one to go there? Fine.
    Rachel Bilson lessing it up! Nice!

Anyway, as for the rest of the episode, while it wasn't 'Season 1 or 2 good', it wasn't 'Season 5 bad' either. I just hope it continues to get better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Thought it was a funny episode.

really building on the robin and ted friendship hmmmm.
    (so agreeing with earlier poster)
    Happy to have it back.
    Sure no season 1 or 2 but still enjoyable comedy none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Fairly big spoiler about the wedding....
    Michael Ausiello had a blind item over the summer about a hit show having a shock wedding at the end of the next season. http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/16/blind-item-wedding-shocker/ He confirmed this week that the show in question is HIMYM in his weekly Ask Ausiello spoiler column.

"Question: I know you’ve probably been getting tons of requests for this, but any more scoop on the wedding blind item? Perhaps an exact network? —Maggie
    Ausiello: How about an exact show: It’s How I Met Your Mother. Did anyone spot the clues in Monday’s episode?!

So, I reckon it has to be Barney and Robin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Solid enough episode without being great. Agree the best scene was Marshall leaving the office through the crowd of workers egging him on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

It's def Barney & Robin's wedding. The white dress on Robin in the bar is a big clue

• Advertisement

evil_seed wrote: »
    It's def Barney & Robin's wedding. The white dress on Robin in the bar is a big clue
    Could be a red herring tbh..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

basquille wrote: »
    Could be a red herring tbh..

Did I mis-hear the time that voiceover Ted said "and that was the day Aunt Robin met (uncle?) Don" in the episode they introduced him? I totally presumed that he was going to marry her when he did that.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It had very low hopes for this after the debacle of season five, but it was a surprisingly good opener. Hopefully it's a return to form and not just a positive blip. If they've come to a decision on an end date I Can see it improving; it just seemed the last couple of years that they were dragging it out with no final direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Did I mis-hear the time that voiceover Ted said "and that was the day Aunt Robin met (uncle?) Don" in the episode they introduced him? I totally presumed that he was going to marry her when he did that.

Could've sworn that was the case.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Don might become friends with Ted later in some contrived retcon twist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Maybe Don eventually marries Ted's sister, that would legitimately make him Uncle Don. That could even be the wedding they are at. It would definitely be a retcon though, I just don't think anyone was a fan of Don and Robin as a couple so the writers may be back-tracking.

• Advertisement

If it was Robin's wedding, why wasn't Lily in a bridemaid's dress?

Personally, I think its Ted's sister and possibly Barney.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Neil Patrick Harris said that they could focus on longer-running stories/gags this year because Season 5 saw them hit the 100-episode syndication target. So hopefully that'll mean better storylines and more humour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭pwwillia

Wasn't Don's importance being that he was the first guy that Robin picked over her career? I do think its Barneys/Robins wedding but hopefully it'll be a well done angle or a cool mis-direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Not great and very short on laughs. I did laugh at the piano singing bit but Barney was way OOT and seemed to be going for a parody of himself this episode and it didn't work for me.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,306 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

opr wrote: »
    Not great and very short on laughs. I did laugh at the piano singing bit but Barney was way OOT and seemed to be going for a parody of himself this episode and it didn't work for me.

Opr

Yeah wasnt too impressed with this episode, hoping for way better throughout the rest of the season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭louise-x

I did think it was Barney + Robin's wedding at first, but then I thought that it was far too obvious, so now I'm not so sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Good to see Wayne Brady back on TV.

Enjoying this season more than last so far!

"Dad, look how fast I can run!" hilarious episode. Singing was really good.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I loved the second episode of this season. It was like the older episodes, funny but it had heart as well. Barney singing was hilarious, and I loved Robin's face in the background. She was struggling to keep a straight face.

There's a different, slightly longer version of it here.... http://www.twitvid.com/XXXBP

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'm still in shock bob barker isnt barneys father!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Highlights for me would be the Auto-tuning on the piano - classic Barney, and when he said "A high five doesn't even cut it.... HIGH SIX!" I was nearly crying after that scene. I just love this show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Watched it just there and it has offically jumped the shark for me now, they seemed more interested in plugging Microsoft than anything else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Clareman wrote: »
    Watched it just there and it has offically jumped the shark for me now, they seemed more interested in plugging Microsoft than anything else
    Yeah, one big Bing ad. Oh well, still had some funny parts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I was too busy spotting bing and the windows logo, actually I've noticed that in a lot of shows recently, they seem to be putting it on the back on all monitors in a lot of shows now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Am I the only one wondering why they've completely ignored the wedding storyline they introduced in the first episode?

Frisbee wrote: »
    Am I the only one wondering why they've completely ignored the wedding storyline they introduced in the first episode?

I think they are trying to imply that it is Robin's wedding and throughout the season you will wonder who the groom is. Obviously they are hinting at either Barney or Don, but I thought that the friend they were racing to could also be a possibility now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement