Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toshiba NB 100

• 13-01-2009 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭

I'm in the market for a mini-laptop, which I can use on the move, on sites etc for web/email access but also has a decent size screen for viewing project photos with clients etc. I'm done with HP Tornados etc and all the hassle that goes with such products, looking for any useful comment/user feedback on this product.

This caught my eye today, the offer is:

Intel Atom N270 Processor
    8.9" Trubrite TFT Screen
    120GB HD, 1024 RAM
    LAN/W-LAN b/g
    Web camera
    MS XP Home
    1 yr warranty

Price: € 399 (incl VAT).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Samsung nc10 would probably suit the bill better. Larger 10.2" screen which is a nice compromise, and it's got a 160Gb drive. The processor and RAM are the same as the above. The samsung also has ~7 hour battery life, not too sure what the battery life on that toshiba is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Thanks Alanstrainer,

just been reading the thread on the nc10, agree with your reccie. Will order from Elara and better price than the Tosh.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭martin1016

Have the NB100, running Ubuntu with1GB Ram. Got it to experiment with a different OS and for travel.

Comments
    Battery life with WiFi on and surfing - approx 3 hours
    Processor - seems OK but can't comment on it running XP
    Speakers - mediocre
    Screen - decent
    Keyboard - a little too small, need very accurate keystrokes
    Touchpad - annoying as if you have a finger resting on the left button its very easy to touch the pad and send the pointer in a totally different direction
    Finish - nice but glossy black lid shows grubby prints and is easily scratched.
    Charger - why is it the same size as a standard laptop?????

Overall its OK, Wouldn't rush to buy another one. Got a deal on this one and wanted to experiment. So give the samsung a shot, as the Tosh is satisfactory in my opinion

Advertisement