Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DIY marquee letter lighting.

• 30-03-2015 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi everyone,
    I'm currently trying to construct some DIY "marquee letters" for a project in a family members pub start up. A example for anyone who is not familiar is this can be found by Google image search of marquee letter lights.
    Anyway Im having the lettering cut from12mm plywood by a CNC cutting company to save time. And I'm gonna use two sets of old Christmas berry lights I got in Dunnes a few year ago.
    My question is this. I looking for soft very thin metal sheeting in strips to wrap around the outside to enclose the sign. Most of the DIT videos are from America where the use "siding" or flashing however it's not that easy to fine tin or other soft metal flashing on the cheap here in Ireland. I've been googling it for days and to luck. It comes in rolls like lead flashing in the states. Anyone know where I'd get this here. My background is I have done sheet metal work on aircraft before but can't get any of the aluminium from there and anyway it's far too expensive. Like some of YouTube videos for DIT marquee letters use metal thin enough that you can bend it other and crack it to a straight line.

Any help sourcing this material would be greatly appreciated

Comments

Advertisement