Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parks And Recreation - Season 3 [US]

• 18-01-2011 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭

This is starting on Thursday.... was not a big fan of the first season, but the second was fantastic!

Better than 'The Office' has been for the last 3 years anyways.

And watch Rob Lowe go NUTS!

One of my favourite moments from last season.. terrible quality and very low volume though!.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

basquille wrote: »
    This is starting on Thursday.... was not a big fan of the first season, but the second was fantastic!

+1

I gave up this when it started. Gave it a second chance and it has been worth it
    basquille wrote: »
    Better than 'The Office' has been for the last 3 years anyways.

Not that that would be hard :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm surprised Nick Offerman dont ever get any nominations as best supporting actor comedy at the Emmys :( Rob Lowe and Adam Scott are back as series regulars for Season 3 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Back in style. Very funny episode. Am I the only one wishing that Will Arnett will go to P&R now that Running Wilde is cancelled?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's going to be hard to watch this one episode per week. It would be nice if they could limit the tiresome love triangles this season too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Great start to S3, f*cking love this show. Ron Swanson is one of the greatest characters ever in a TV show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

Love this show, memory going a bit though, I see the character Mark Brendanawicz wasn't back or even mentioned.

Can't remember but was there a reason for this at the end of the last season, like did he move or something?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0773973/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

He broke up with Anne and moved job but not much else said. He was likeable but like Anne, redundant a character. They need to prove Anne worthy of keeping beyond her looks and usefulness as love interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,034 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"Lesley, I typed your symptoms into the bar up here and it says you could have network connectivity problems!"

Ha ha! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

loved the scene in ep 4 with Ron with corn rows

• Advertisement

It's been a great season so far.. Adam Scott is a nice addition to the cast too!

Yep. Also, was it just me or was Community having a light-hearted go at P&R last week with their documentary episode?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Yep. Also, was it just me or was Community having a light-hearted go at P&R last week with their documentary episode?

Yep, there are a couple of easter eggs in the epsiode, pictures of Knope on the walls in the background.

It's been a cracking season - but my favourite Andy scene by far (as referenced above):

:D

It has been a good season, but the most recent episode was pretty weak IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

fishing is like yoga but you still get to kill something
    what the f*ck are german muffins?

I love Ron Swanson!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Awhh Sheeeet, is this only a 16 episode run? Got my hopes up for another double episode this friday. The Jeff Mangum mention was great though.

Yeah, it's because of Poehler's pregnancy. TBH I'm not entirely sure why they did it this way, they shot all 16 before the Third series began airing IIRC.

I'm a bit confused why they didn't do a 12 episode arc for season 3 and then break and return with another 12 to finish it out in the Autumn... instead opting for a 16 episode season 3 (as opposed to a 24 episode season 2) and to bring in a fresh season 4 in the Autumn. odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just finished a Parks and Recreation marathon over the last two weeks getting to watch it from the start. Quality show. I think that nearly all the characters in it have been developed brillantly. Ron Swonson has to be one of the best comedy charecters ever created. No Parks and Rec till autumn now though:(

ah nuts, i though we where going to get a full 23/4 episodes.

Have to agree with Glebee, Ron Swanson is one of the greatest characters ever in TV, i think i mentioned it earlier in this thread as well.

He gave a landmine to a kid as a present, has a picture of breakfast on his office wall, crazy ex wifes, has a alter jazz persona, awesome work space in his house.......the list goes on.....oh and his reaction to drinking the Snake Juice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭Glebee

The episode where he gets the new circular desk is just fantastic.......

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Have to concur Ron Swanson is a great character.

Any love for Kyle? The chap even Jerry picks on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    oh and his reaction to drinking the Snake Juice :)

Literally, the greatest thing I have seen in my entire life.

Swanson is Ned Flanders through the looking glass.
    For all the great lines, the funniest bit in the last few episodes was Andy puking. Does anyone else find Amy Poehler sexy as all get out?

Advertisement